How to get a Hopper bug fixed.

Dimitri S.

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
San Francisco, CA
Step 1: Post the bug on this site's Hopper Zone forum, and ask for help (no need to bother tech support, if it's not a real bug, or if there's already a workaround for it).

Step 2: If no fix is available, go to Dish's chat support page ( DISH Customer Care & Service | DISH Support Live Chat ) and click "Chat Now >" for "Tech Support".

Step 3: As you speak with tech support, always use the term "bug" to describe the problem. Always. Always. Always. It will increase the chances of being transfered to "Advanced" tech support. This is important, because only advanced tech support can file bugs with the engineers.

Step 4: Send a private message, to a Dish Internet Response Team ("DIRT") member, several of which are members of this site. Ask them for help, and if they can't, ask them to file a bug report.

Bottom line: Don't just complain about it on this site; you need to follow through, via Dish's advanced tech support. Otherwise, bugs don't get filed, don't get fixed, and live on... such as user custom lists randomly defaulting back to "My Channels" (which has survived since the 922's software).

Thanks for the tips :)

Amador (ID: UXO): I'm going to transfer your chat to an Advanced Technical Support agent for further troubleshooting. I appreciate your patience, please hold.

Joseph (ID: BYR): Thank you. There is an issue with users getting "Error 41 when trying to create a new timer when it looks like they should be able to create more." This fix is in a future software release.
Joseph (ID: BYR): The developers do not have a date on it yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts