How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Called three times today. Talked to three different reps. All of them are saying I can't combine the $20 off offer with the AAA offer. They only offer me $10 off+AAA. So is this deal dead?

This deal is still good if you live in the right place and talk to the right person.

Has anyone asked for the first month free yet?

The $20 off deal is and has been YMMV. You can either try again or just take the $10 off for 12 months.

We approaching the end of the rebate for $20 off anyway, I think that it ends on 2/26/08.

Called four times today. At the last try the guy said I would get both the $20 off and the AAA discount. So I went ahead and signed up for a package with HD-DVR (additional $99). Used SatelliteGuys stuff as a referral for an additional $50 off. Below is what my online account shows now. Could somebody please check it to see if I did in fact get $20 off, AAA discount, and the referral credit?

Welcome to DIRECTV _2007 Q4 Offer 047 B5712/471 Free
PLUS HD DVR P0000063640000000011 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P0000063760000000011 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)1 Free
Standard Professional Install1 Free
HBO1 Free
STARZ!1 Free
SHOWTIME1 Free
Cinemax1 Free
B6291/0201 Free
DVR Service1 Free
$0 Delivery & Handling1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish1 Free

I got 100$ off my billing.
50$ off on my next month bill.
And 50$ off on my 13th month bill.
Good deal :)
Plus I have 10$ off for 10 months, and 10$ off for 5 months.
So I am set for a year :D

BTW whoever made this thread, thank you very much, you are awesome!
Switching to AAA saved me bunch of money on my satellite TV, its more expensive than car insurance lol.
WHAT NOW GEICO?

Called four times today. At the last try the guy said I would get both the $20 off and the AAA discount. So I went ahead and signed up for a package with HD-DVR (additional $99). Used SatelliteGuys stuff as a referral for an additional $50 off. Below is what my online account shows now. Could somebody please check it to see if I did in fact get $20 off, AAA discount, and the referral credit?

Welcome to DIRECTV _2007 Q4 Offer 047 B5712/471 Free
PLUS HD DVR P0000063640000000011 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P0000063760000000011 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)1 Free
Standard Professional Install1 Free
HBO1 Free
STARZ!1 Free
SHOWTIME1 Free
Cinemax1 Free
B6291/0201 Free
DVR Service1 Free
$0 Delivery & Handling1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish1 Free

Yes you now have both the $20 off and the AAA deal, good effort there.

You do not have the Showtime free for one year nor HD extra free for 3 months, but I will not mess with it. Rather after installation call to ask them to add these two because the sales rep promised you but forgot to put them in.

I got 100$ off my billing.
50$ off on my next month bill.
And 50$ off on my 13th month bill.
Good deal :)
Plus I have 10$ off for 10 months, and 10$ off for 5 months.
So I am set for a year :D

BTW whoever made this thread, thank you very much, you are awesome!
Switching to AAA saved me bunch of money on my satellite TV, its more expensive than car insurance lol.
WHAT NOW GEICO?

Now this is the AAA deal for the existing subs not new ones. Although you did get my creative juice going again, now that many of us have D* for a few days or weeks, technically we are exsiting D* subs, you know what I am getting at?:)

I am not holding my breadth but may just put a call to my "old pals" to find out.

Last edited:
Just thought about this why some calls you get the $20 off other calls not. It is possible that when you call at night, you are not really routed to that AAA department. I knew for a fact the AAA 800 department did not open 24 hours so if you call during the time they are closed you get routed to the regular D* sales department. They may still help you with the AAA deal but probably are not as flexible. Try to call during the day see if you have better luck.

Just thought about this why some calls you get the $20 off other calls not. It is possible that when you call at night, you are not really routed to that AAA department. I knew for a fact the AAA 800 department did not open 24 hours so if you call during the time they are closed you get routed to the regular D* sales department. They may still help you with the AAA deal but probably are not as flexible. Try to call during the day see if you have better luck.

me? I am happy with 50$ off next month :D.
The sad part is I had to extend my contract with them for an additional year, which is no problem as long as they keep NFL ST + SF and being leader in HD and adding new HD channels every few weeks :p..if you know where I am getting it.
If you find any other deals let me know :D

Well I think I did it!

First off, I actually learned the AAA discount for the exiting subs while I was planning to switch from E* to D*, and when I called to order D* I asked if there was an AAA deal for current subs, was there also one for a new sub, and the rest was history.

Anyway I called the AAA # pressed "2", but got switched to a regular D* service department, the lady heard of the deal and was very nice, took some time for her to find the right screen to sign me up as an existing sub. I got a confirmation for the deal and was told my 2-year contract would be renewed. In my case extended by three weeks. The first $50 off will show up on my next bill, the 2nd $50 off will show up on my 13th bill.

Now there is a chance after further review I will not get it because I am too new or I already have the AAA new sub discount, but for now I have the confirmation that the deal got through. I will report back whenever my account is updated with this deal or whatever the outcome.

Wow great work jacmyoung!

For you veterans, is this the best offer you've seen, or will there be a similar deal this fall?

P.S. Here's a link to the AAA offer.

Heed My Advice

While I certainly welcome anyone who PMs Scott to get referral from the staff per the sticky, I don't think Scott would mind if people PM a few of us in this topic that are non-staff members who spent a lot of time to make this deal known to everyone, and continue to provide more and better info along the way.

You should feel free to PM us for referral too:)

Again I don't want to take away the importance of supporting the staff, they do put a lot of effort and time to make this whole board available to us, which was why I decided to contribute and support this site, even though I am not a staff. But if people also give the non-staff members here who make effort to answer questions and add better deals to it a chance for some reward also it wouldn't hurt.

A good example is since it was lxngtnguy who brought us the 2x$99 HDDVR deal, if you benefited from that it makes sense to PM him and give him the first shot at a referral benefit. Member linder7 also regularly helps out here too. My point is if we encourage people who already got the deal to come back and offer more info or help, the deal will only get better over time, it is a win win for all.

I really appreciate the thought and logic there jacmyoung but I will warn you, don't challenge the status quo I began responding to THIS THREAD questioned the policy before it was made as a "rule" and "stickied" one of my posts was deleted by Scott; I then PM'ed him to discuss it privately and he banned me for a week. I totally agree with your point and will help others if they so choose to contact me instead of "following the rules" laid out HERE. However I suggest that you don't make it a point to defy our forum owner (Scott) or he will just make what you say disappear and ban you. I have a lot of D* info at my disposal and some of which I can and some I cant share. I have been requested to be on the D* Consumer Tech Advisory Team because I was with E* for almost 11 years and have a degree from MIT, but I am going to severly limit my information divulgence on this forum and will share a lot elsewhere....you have (fill in the blank) to thank for that.....anyway guys just keep my warning in mind DON'T BUCK THE SYSTEM OR YOU'LL FACE THE CONSEQUENCES! !protest

Thanks for sharing. One of the strength of this board is people are allowed to share info more freely when the same can be banned at other sites. I saw that thread and agreed with Scott in the spam aspect, I did think it was handled heavy-handedly but this is Scott's site, he is free to do as he pleases.

Scott has his logic which I agree, the staff deserve the benefit. On the other hand, from a prospective D* sub (or E* or whatever) one way to encourage the flow of good info is if there is incentive for people to do so. In return more people will be drawn to this site, and it is a win win proposal. I hope people see logic in my posts as you do, and certainly hope logic may prevail.

You do not have the Showtime free for one year nor HD extra free for 3 months, but I will not mess with it. Rather after installation call to ask them to add these two because the sales rep promised you but forgot to put them in.
I tried that. I called them after the installation, but they said I wasn't elegible for one year of Showtime. Was anybody able to get one free of Showtime after they sing up for this $20 off+AAA deal?

I tried that. I called them after the installation, but they said I wasn't elegible for one year of Showtime. Was anybody able to get one free of Showtime after they sing up for this $20 off+AAA deal?

It is always a good idea to confirm everything before installation. Afterward it is not as easy to have items not in the system reinstated. I would talk to retention department see what they can do. Be courteous.

Well I think I did it!

First off, I actually learned the AAA discount for the exiting subs while I was planning to switch from E* to D*, and when I called to order D* I asked if there was an AAA deal for current subs, was there also one for a new sub, and the rest was history.

Anyway I called the AAA # pressed "2", but got switched to a regular D* service department, the lady heard of the deal and was very nice, took some time for her to find the right screen to sign me up as an existing sub. I got a confirmation for the deal and was told my 2-year contract would be renewed. In my case extended by three weeks. The first $50 off will show up on my next bill, the 2nd $50 off will show up on my 13th bill.

Now there is a chance after further review I will not get it because I am too new or I already have the AAA new sub discount, but for now I have the confirmation that the deal got through. I will report back whenever my account is updated with this deal or whatever the outcome.

So, you got an additional $100 off in addition to your $10off/month for 24 months? Does that show up online?

So, you got an additional $100 off in addition to your $10off/month for 24 months? Does that show up online?

Right now I have my order on record as showing I had my contract extended on 2/16/08 (initial install was 1/30/08) and a code for AAA existing member assigned. It usually takes two to three weeks for the $50x2 AAA existing member deal to show up in the bill so I read. Will see.

I just had my install done 2 days ago. I went to my online account to see the charges and I know that the $20 off for the first year is in the form of a rebate (which I submitted online). I don't however see any AAA discount as a line item or the referral discount either. Should they be appearing on the first bill? The dates on the bill are my install date.

02/17/2008
Payment - CCard
($145.55)
$0.00

02/17/2008
First Bill
$0.00
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK - Charge
$0.00
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
Jadeworld - Charge
$36.99
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX1891
Leased Receiver - Charge
$4.99
$0.41

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX1636
Leased Receiver - Charge
$4.99
$0.41

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX1081
Leased Receiver - Charge
$4.99
$0.41

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX1149
Leased Receiver - Charge
$4.99
$0.41

02/16/2008
CR HBO/STZ/SHO/MAX
($42.00)
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
HD Access - Disconnect Adj
($9.99)
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
HD Access - Charge
$9.99
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
DIRECTV on DEMAND - Charge
$0.00
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
DIRECTV DVR Service - Charge
$5.99
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
Sports HD - Charge
$0.00
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
Cinemax HD - Charge
$0.00
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
Starz HD - Charge
$0.00
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
LOCALS HD - Charge
$0.00
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
HBO HD - Charge
$0.00
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
SHOWTIME HD - Charge
$0.00
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
HD Access - Charge
$9.99
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
PREMIER - Charge
$99.99
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
Welcome to DIRECTV - Charge
$0.00
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
Instant Rebate - Charge
$0.00
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
Welcome to DIRECTV - Charge
$0.00
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
DIRECTV Protection Plan - Charge
$0.00
$0.00

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
Primary Leased Receiver - LeaseFee Free Rcvr
($4.99)
($0.41)

02/16/2008
XXXXXXXX7819
Primary Leased Receiver - Charge
$4.99
$0.41

Regarding AAA discount it should show in about 3-4 weeks, you should see it when your next billing statement comes out.

Did you register online before installation and if so did you make a copy of what you had online? Your AAA code is not in there. Did you call the AAA #? It is still possible the rep could left out the AAA deal if he/she did not know what to do. Keep in mind what I said before the AAA # does not work 24/7, if you called during off time you got routed to a regular sales agent who may not be familiar with how the AAA deal works.

Why I said it is important to register online and confirm before installation, then you have a chance to cancel and re-order to make it right. For now dont panic, see what you got online pre-installation first.

You are charged for the HD pack fee. Did the Premier pack not include the HD fee?

Also you appear to have some international service, did they do it with only one dish or needed two dishes? Man they make a killing out of the internationals!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)