How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did you register online before installation and if so did you make a copy of what you had online? Your AAA code is not in there. Did you call the AAA #? It is still possible the rep could left out the AAA deal if he/she did not know what to do. Keep in mind what I said before the AAA # does not work 24/7, if you called during off time you got routed to a regular sales agent who may not be familiar with how the AAA deal works.

Why I said it is important to register online and confirm before installation, then you have a chance to cancel and re-order to make it right. For now dont panic, see what you got online pre-installation first.

You are charged for the HD pack fee. Did the Premier pack not include the HD fee?

Also you appear to have some international service, did they do it with only one dish or needed two dishes? Man they make a killing out of the internationals!

Yes, I registered online to make sure everything was ok (see post 106). There was a code B6291/020 which I assumed was the AAA discount.

I don't believe the HD Pack is free with the Premier pack. I guess Premier really doesnt include everything.

And yes, they do rape you for international channels. They did it all with the one 5LNB Slimline dish. It wasnt't part of my original order and the installer didn't know I wanted it. I just went online to add it after the install was compled. Good thing my folks are footing the bill for that one

Last edited:
Yes, I registered online to make sure everything was ok (see post 106). There was a code B6291/020 which I assumed was the AAA discount.

I don't believe the HD Pack is free with the Premier pack. I guess Premier really doesnt include everything.

And yes, they do rape you for international channels. They did it all with the one 5LNB Slimline dish. It wasnt't part of my original order and the installer didn't know I wanted it. I just went online to add it after the install was compled. Good thing my folks are footing the bill for that one

If you had the AAA code before, then wait a few days to see if it will re-appear in your bill in some other form. Keep your printout for record in case you need to call them to clear it out. BTW the referral deal does not show up until the 2nd or even the 3rd bill.

At least they can do so with just one dish for the internationals. I always thought two dishes were needed.

can anyone give me the direct tv referral code...am thinking of getting a new direct connection so thinking of making use of the $50 off...Thanx in advance

oops thx did not know there was a thread for this...sorry!

Good luck with DirecTV, you will enjoy it, make sure you sign up for Online Auto Bill pay and you get 50$ gift card, and make sure you ask a rep if you can get 10-20$ off for like 12 months for HD access..I am sure they can work something out with you..

Thx again..that leads to another question ...I know this entire thread is dedicated to it but currently whts the best deal which I can get for Direct Tv

(and yes i am shifting from Dish due to lack of HD content)

Thx again..that leads to another question ...I know this entire thread is dedicated to it but currently whts the best deal which I can get for Direct Tv

(and yes i am shifting from Dish due to lack of HD content)

Probably if you are lucky 10$ off for 12 months.
50$ off with auto bill pay
99$ for HR21 (some reps will do that)
50$ off with referral.

If you get the premier package I believe they can give you the package free for 4 months...

You may get more discounts, and if you are a AAA member you get 50$ off your next billing statement.

Wow, the beginning of the end of my 12 years with Dish Network. I finally get to watch my Sox in HD this year and my wife gets the baseball package she wanted back since we lost it last year. Called in and got a great rep who finally relented on the second HD DVR after doing a little looking.

Thanks everyone here for all the help, this place is just the best resource on the web. Here is a look at the bill posted online:

PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 1 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 1 Free
DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK 3 Months Free P6688/5 1 Free
MLB EXTRA INNINGS Early Bird in 4 Payments R7000/9 1 Free
MLB EXTRA INNINGS SuperFan Regular Season in 4 R7001/5 1 Free
B6291/020 1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 $99.00
$0 Delivery & Handling 1 Free
1 Year Free Showtime 1 Free
HBO 1 Free
STARZ! 1 Free
SHOWTIME 1 Free
Cinemax 1 Free
SPORTS Pack 1 Free
Standard Professional Install 1 Free
DVR Service 1 Free

Nice to see they waived the handling fee and I think I got all the other discounts. Once its installed I'll apply for the 20 dollar rebate and turn on paperless billing. For now I'll keep the Dish Network 622 and just switch to the HD pack.

Again, thanks to all the various people helping all of us out as we try to move to Direct.

Dave

Wow, the beginning of the end of my 12 years with Dish Network. I finally get to watch my Sox in HD this year and my wife gets the baseball package she wanted back since we lost it last year. Called in and got a great rep who finally relented on the second HD DVR after doing a little looking.

Thanks everyone here for all the help, this place is just the best resource on the web. Here is a look at the bill posted online:

PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 1 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 1 Free
DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK 3 Months Free P6688/5 1 Free
MLB EXTRA INNINGS Early Bird in 4 Payments R7000/9 1 Free
MLB EXTRA INNINGS SuperFan Regular Season in 4 R7001/5 1 Free
B6291/020 1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 $99.00
$0 Delivery & Handling 1 Free
1 Year Free Showtime 1 Free
HBO 1 Free
STARZ! 1 Free
SHOWTIME 1 Free
Cinemax 1 Free
SPORTS Pack 1 Free
Standard Professional Install 1 Free
DVR Service 1 Free

Nice to see they waived the handling fee and I think I got all the other discounts. Once its installed I'll apply for the 20 dollar rebate and turn on paperless billing. For now I'll keep the Dish Network 622 and just switch to the HD pack.

Again, thanks to all the various people helping all of us out as we try to move to Direct.

Dave

From your list I don't see the $20x12 off in there. Were you told you would get it?

Yes, he said I'd get that when I fill out the rebate form, I figured that was the PDF you had linked earlier... is that correct or do I need to specifically ask them about it?

Thanks again, you rock.
Dave

The safest way to get the 2007 Q4 is to make sure the agent does put it in the order for you then verify that it shows up in your online details. Since you don't have it, that rep may not know what he was talking about.

When I said try to send in the PDF form later, it was only the last option, if there is no way you can get the sales rep to give you the 2007 Q4 deal in your order.

Of course I cant tell you what to do at this point, if you can tell me your location, maybe we can figure out if the 2007 Q4 is still offered in your region, if so I would cancel and re-order to make it right before installation. Keep in mind there is no guarantee if you order again the next person will put it in for you, and there is alway a chance if you keep your current order and send in the PDF form you will get the $20 off.

See why I say it is a decision you must make for yourself. I can tell you what I did, or you might have read already, I got everthing right on my 5th order, practically running out my email addresses to register online as a result.

And just by accident, my installation was finally done correctly on the 5th tech visit too.

How do you go about getting the premier package free for 4 months? Can this be requested after your install is done?

I don't know the answer except that by logic if you order Premier at the get-go, you should at least get premium movies fee credited back on the first 3 bills since everyone is getting the first 3 months movies free.

The safest way to get the 2007 Q4 is to make sure the agent does put it in the order for you then verify that it shows up in your online details. Since you don't have it, that rep may not know what he was talking about.

When I said try to send in the PDF form later, it was only the last option, if there is no way you can get the sales rep to give you the 2007 Q4 deal in your order.

Of course I cant tell you what to do at this point, if you can tell me your location, maybe we can figure out if the 2007 Q4 is still offered in your region, if so I would cancel and re-order to make it right before installation. Keep in mind there is no guarantee if you order again the next person will put it in for you, and there is alway a chance if you keep your current order and send in the PDF form you will get the $20 off.

See why I say it is a decision you must make for yourself. I can tell you what I did, or you might have read already, I got everthing right on my 5th order, practically running out my email addresses to register online as a result.

And just by accident, my installation was finally done correctly on the 5th tech visit too.

I'm in Los Angeles, I just called in again and this time the lady said it is only 10 a month and it is done with the form. I think I'll just keep calling during the day and get them to add it to the order, is their a part number I can ask them to add to the order?

Thanks again. Dave

Just called in twice, first time got someone who had no idea and I hung up. Second time I got transfered to someone who knew what they were talking about and confirmed the "welcome" discount was on the order. I'll check my online account later to see if it shows up.

I'm only up to 4 calls so I consider myself one ahead of your experience!! : )

You should get the 2007 Q4 deal for your location. I have not heard anyone able to "add" anything to an existing order before installation, since you don't seem to be bothered by calls :) my suggestion is cancel the current one and re-order. While you are at it, ask if there is this thing called first month free since Dish Network is offering you such deal.

Just called in twice, first time got someone who had no idea and I hung up. Second time I got transfered to someone who knew what they were talking about and confirmed the "welcome" discount was on the order. I'll check my online account later to see if it shows up.

I'm only up to 4 calls so I consider myself one ahead of your experience!! : )

Yes, he said I'd get that when I fill out the rebate form, I figured that was the PDF you had linked earlier... is that correct or do I need to specifically ask them about it?

Thanks again, you rock.
Dave

Here is the rebate link once you get your service activated:
https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=3290007
Enter Zip+account number and then you should be able to access to your rebate and you should be able to get 10$-20$ off monthly for like 10-12 months..it takes 2-3 weeks for the rebate to be approved. Mine took about 1 billing cycle.

Remember this has to be done after* you activate your service.
Good luck, and hopefully you will enjoy DirecTV, so far I've received A+ service from DTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)