How To Get Dish Network UHF Remote To Control TV1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

opiebowen

Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Macon
I have a Dish 625 reciever that controls 2 televisions. We recently put a television in the spare bedroom but didn't want to get another reciever. I split the main television line so that whatever we are watching on TV1 is showing on the newly hooked up TV. However, since the new TV is in the back bedroom, you have to walk into the living room to change the channel. Is there a way you can hook up an additional UHF remote that will control the new TV in the bedroom and thus work through the walls? Thanks in advanace for any help.

Yes. I mounted my 625 in the basement and needed both TV1 and TV2 to operate in UHF mode. You get a 5.0 IR-only remote with the 625 to operate TV1; obviously that won't do. You will have to acquire another UHF/Pro 6.0 remote to do what you want.

I have an additional UHF remote and programmed it to work the main television but it will not work through the walls when I am in the other bedroom where the television is. Do I have to get another small antenna to mount on the back of the receiver?

What do you mean by "another small antenna?" The one already (?) on the back is usually sufficient.

My wag: your spare UHF remote is not UHF/Pro. What number does it have on the back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts