How to get Dish TV to Win 7 Pro Media Center

trinaz

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Phoenix Az
Just had Dish installed...Have 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys. I can not get Win 7 Pro to recognize the dish signal to setup Media Center.

Dish apparently outputs on Channel 73...Windows Media Center apparently only gets input from 2-3-4 ? I have the following outputs on the Joey by the TV: Extra HDMI, USB, R-Y-W output jacks (2nd HDMI currently running from Joey to HDMI TV near PC)

Have a WinTV-HVR-1250 Tuner card with Coaxial, & S-video input jack

Media Center worked fine on both WMC PC's previously with Cox cable into tuner card.

How can I get an available outlet from the Joey (HDMI, USB, R-Y-W output jacks), or Hopper With Sling...to the Media Center PC in the channel options MC requires (2-3-4 etc) ?

Running Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Attachments

• 0047.jpg
    0047.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 203
  • 0048.jpg
    0048.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 0049.jpg
    0049.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 191
A modulator should do the trick. It will be SD, not HD. A modulator allows the signal from the RCA outs on the Hopper or the Joey's to be converted to RF (Standard RG6) on either channel 3 or 4.

Why not download it from the Hopper to the PC via network connection? Never mind I can't do this either from my 722k. It must not allow one to see what's on the HDD of my E* 722K.

Last edited:
When I had my Win 7 pro media center I had a Hauppauge Colossus input card. It could input HDMI component video w/either analog audio or SPDIF in via TOSLINK (optical).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)