How to get HD to TV not in same room as receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Alteros

Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Ohio
Here is my situation:
Dish was installed a few years ago, when they installed it, the receiver was put in my kid's room, which was ok at the time, no HD tv's in the house. Now that I have an HD in the living room I want to send the HD signal for TV1 to the living room and send the TV2 signal to the TV in my son's room.
The receiver is a Dish 522, I only see 3 outputs on the back, 2 coax outs and an svideo out. This leads me to assume that I can use coax for an HD signal, since the book says the box can do 1080p.
My Issues:

Can it really be as simple as switching the tv1 and TV2 outputs on the back of the receiver?
And, if it is, since TV2 is controlled by the UHF remote, and tv1 is controlled by the IR remote, can that be reversed?
Or do I have to pay Dish to come in and move the box and re-run the cabling?

I did some searching and the more I searched, the more lost I got.

Thanks in advance

Sorry to tell you, but your 522 receiver is NOT an HD receiver. You would need to upgrade to a VIP 622/722/722K with HDMI and component outputs, as well as upgrading your Dish to receive HD sat(s) and subscribing to an HD programming package. With a 2 year commitment, Dish usually does the install and provides the receiver as an HD upgrade. NO Dish receiver outputs HD via coax. A call to Dish is in order.

I don't think that location is practical, either. With an HD receiver, only TV1 is high-def, and TV2 can't be controlled with an infrared remote without a special adapter. The receiver needs to be relocated so that you can IR control TV1 and UHF control TV2.

I would say your best bet is to upgrade to a 722k and put the reciever in the living room hooked up to your TV with an HDMI cable. You kids room can be on side 2.

I would say your best bet is to upgrade to a 722k and put the reciever in the living room hooked up to your TV with an HDMI cable. You kids room can be on side 2.

FTR, Dish will not guarantee any specific receiver for a free upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)