Remote stops working every day at 6am

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Aerc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
PA
I have a 722k receiver and I have my 21.0 remote set to IR. I have it set to IR because when I use UHF there is a huge delay. So everyday at 6am my remote just stops working. So what I have to do is set it to UHF and use it that way.

When ever I get home from work I'll switch it back to IR and it will work fine. It is just frustrating. I was literally switching channels and the clock hit 6 and it stopped working.

lights?

I have a 722k receiver and I have my 21.0 remote set to IR. I have it set to IR because when I use UHF there is a huge delay. So everyday at 6am my remote just stops working. So what I have to do is set it to UHF and use it that way.

When ever I get home from work I'll switch it back to IR and it will work fine. It is just frustrating. I was literally switching channels and the clock hit 6 and it stopped working.

Do you have on different lights in the early morning than at night?

I have the same problem, I think its sun coming through the window. I makes me crazy, after a while it stars working again.

I have the same problem, I think its sun coming through the window. I makes me crazy, after a while it stars working again.
Sun coming through the window at 6AM in the winter (not for the OP for sure)? Where do you live?

I live in Pennsylvania but the room my receiver is in has blacked out windows.

The only lighting in the room is a computer and a TV. Nothing changes from 5:59am to 6:00am.

It probably isn't the remote that stops working the problem is in the receiver. From the lack of light in the room it is probably RF interference that the receiver is detecting.

Two possible issues.. the TV is causing the problem with some sort of Radiation or its some light.

Best way I've found to fix it is to cover the left two little IR sensors on the receiver with a pc of tape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)