how to get hopper to start in “live tv”

voodooevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
North Carolina, USA
hi all.
for some reason when i start hopper 3 it goes to the menu screen rather than to just live tv.
this is something recent and can’t figure out where the option to set it back to live tv.
thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I HATE it that techs don't set that on install
Or better yet, Dish should just make "tune to last channel" the default setting, so that it does not need to be set for that. It sounds like the OP did have it set for "tune to last channel" but then recently (after a software download maybe?) the receiver went back to the default setting on its own.

In my opinion, there would be no harm in having "tune to last channel" be the default setting. Even if someone wanted the Home screen to automatically come up when turning the receiver on, and the reverse happened, causing the receiver to go to the last channel instead of the Home screen, it would just require one press of the Home button to get there. So, one additional button press when turning on the receiver (if the user did not know how to change the Power setting back) would not be that bad.

I had to find the power setting for last channel on my own when my hopper 3 upgrade was installed last week. Also there seem to be some differences in the settings for Hopper 2 and Hopper 3, seems like a few things were different although I cannot think of the exact items right off the top of my head.

Reactions: voodooevil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts