How to get more HD from Dish!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dan Berndt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
You want more HD from Dish? I'm an ex-VOOMER and we ex-VOOMERS know how to get the HD we want - We pay for it!!!

What Dish packages do you have? The 180 favorite package? The 120 favorite package?

What premium package do you have? Starz? CineMAX?

There is not a single HD channel in any of these packages. If you are paying for any of these packages you are actually blocking the development of High Definition. Companies only sell products that there is a market for and by buying these SD products you are making a market for SD products.

If you want HD then quit buying SD. Buy all the HD you can. If a package doesn't have any HD channels in it don't buy it.

Are you maxed out on all your HD packages? Do you have the HD package. Do you have HBO and Showtime? Do you have the VOOM package? If not you better get them.

Quit asking Dish when are they going to provide more HD. Start telling them that you are NOT going to buy their products unless they are HD products. YOU are responsible for how much HD programming Dish provides.

Then I guess I will keep on buying SD packages, sorry, i'm a little greedy, but I feel that until 80% of the population has HD, we should keep SD, I don't have HD, you HD ppl are always complaining about not having enough programming, and we have to suffer because if they add a new HD channel, then we wont be able to receive it, and it would just be another waste of bandwidth for us SD ppl.

Yeah, right! Like E* can control how many HD providers there are. Oh yeah, didn't the SD channels on VOOM outnumber the HD?

As great as HD CAN be, content is still the prime factor for watching any television IMHO.
And watching some late 90's episodes of L&O in TNTHD's distorted concept of HD is ridiculous.

Good point Dan. I actually NEVER watch SD. I have Time/Warner Cable with HBO-HD, Showtime HD, INHD1, INHD2, Discovery HD, HDNET, HDNET Movies,etc.....

...AND I have Dish subscribing only to the HD channels including VOOM. I can get news, sports, drama, comedy, movies, documentaries....any thing I want. And I don't have to stoop to SD.
Bug DISH or what ever service you have about HD as often as you can. That will help.

Didn't buy my HDTV to watch stretch SD! (BTW, all this costs less than $100 per month)

I agree 100%. But I do need some SD channels. However, with DishNetwork, I recently realigned my subscription package and am now paying the $5 a month just to have HD only. I get the Voom, HDPack and CBS HD channel with a waiver. That's it and I am very happy with that arrangement. However, On D*, I added one base package to get the news channels I like to have in a pinch. I guess this sent some sort of message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)