How To Get New Dish HD ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chris10

Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
I am in the Providence RI DMA and called since I am not receiving the new channels. I was told first that they needed only to repoint one of my dishes ($15 charge), I asked why the charge and was put on hold and then sent to another support person.

I was then told they needed to add a third dish and I asked if there was any alternative since I really didn't want 3 dishes - they put me on hold and sent me to a third person where I was told they needed activate something on my receiver - he tried it and when I didn't see the channels sent me to another rep who said they had to activate 72.7 on my account and and it would take 24 hours to see the channels.

That was four customer service reps and two weeks ago and I do not have the new HD. I currently have 2 dishes and a DP34 switch running to two VIP HD receivers. Do I need to simply have them add the EA dish and keep one of the old dishes for my locals? I also don't get how the Providence DMA can be out of the range but not Boston - their only 45 miles apart. Thanks All,

Chris10

They should put up a 1000.4 Eastern Arc Dish for you.
It covers the 61.5,72.7,and 77. This will give you all the new HD channels.

Question what is your current setup,( 2 Dish 500??), and Why do you have 2 VIP's running through a DP34?
The dish 500 should have a Dish Pro Plus LNB that would allow single wire use as well as support a 2nd dish.
Even if your 500 had Dish Pro LNB, a DPP33 Switch should have been used, would also provide single wire use.
Are you running 2 wires to your DVRs?
Do you have SD equipment or something.
You can't go Eastern Arc while using SD equipment if so.

when they said third dish, we can assume it will replace the other two leaving you with one dish. no way to tell for sure, though without knowing what sats or equipment you currently have.

Thanks Guys,

The switch dates back to when we had an SD and an HD receiver installed, since then I have upgraded the old SD in the bedroom to a VIP211 so both are now HD. The main box is the VIP622 and both are single wire with an OTA in for locals out of Boston (Dish locals here are Rhode Island even though we are in MA).

Should I look to change the switch as well as the dish setup?

I really appreciate the input as the communication with the Dish Support hasn't gotten me anywhere and I expect better success if I know what to tell them I need when I call next.

Chris10

Which sat

Thanks Guys,

The switch dates back to when we had an SD and an HD receiver installed, since then I have upgraded the old SD in the bedroom to a VIP211 so both are now HD. The main box is the VIP622 and both are single wire with an OTA in for locals out of Boston (Dish locals here are Rhode Island even though we are in MA).

Should I look to change the switch as well as the dish setup?

I really appreciate the input as the communication with the Dish Support hasn't gotten me anywhere and I expect better success if I know what to tell them I need when I call next.

Chris10

So what sat do your locals come from? To find out when on the sat channel hit menu 611 and find out. You may only need a new 1000.4 dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)