How to get signal in US if Overseas Channel provider says it is available?

techsnuke

Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
Hi. I am new to Dish Network Satellite TV.
I am from India and the channel is TV9 News channel. They are saying that this channel transmission is available in US and gave all the information.

Satellite/Orbital location : APR-1(Insat 2E)/83E
Downlink frequency : 3550MHz
Symbol rate : 3255 MEGA SYMBOLS
Modulation : QPSK
FEC : 3/4
Polarization : Vertical
Dish size : 12 feet

How do I get it. I have a super Dish.Please advise..I called Dish Network and they are not able to understand any of this.
Can i get this transmission?

if you were in India, you would be good to go with the info they gave you. Unfortunetly, TV9 is not available in the US.

Here is there website http://www.tv9.net/

I think its funny they say "It gives us immense pride to introduce SnehaTV, which has been a pioneer in bringing Telugu programs to the United States of America. We aim to bring a perfect blend of news, current affairs and entertainment to you via this 24 hour satellite channel."

yet, the are located on C-band Insat 2E / transponder 4 - 3550V, at 83.0e and have no footprint in the CONUS.

Thanks all!

Thanks for all your suggestions.
This channel is being broadcasted via snehatv by Globecast in US.

Never heard of Globecast. They are saying I need to install their dish and neither Dish network nor Direct Tv dishes would work.

What is globecast? Different Satellite?

http://www.globecastwtv.com/ or 1-888-988-5288.

GlobeCast distributes programming from other continents to viewers in the US. (GC probably does other stuff too, but that's what's relevant here.) GC encrypts some of its channels and sells subscriptions to them. To receive the channel, you need a receiver that can handle the decryption.

So all you have to do is contact GlobeCast, tell them what you want, listen to your equipment options, and figure out how much the whole thing will cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)