How to Get the $199 811

BrettTRay

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
'Bama
To get the 811 do I have to go through Dish or do I have to go through a local retailer and just tell them that i am a current customer.

Call them and tell them that you are thinking of going to get the other satellite HD package, ask them what Dish will do to keep you. You will still have to pay 199.99, but they will most likely waive couple months of your current programming charge.

BrettTRay said:
To get the 811 do I have to go through Dish or do I have to go through a local retailer and just tell them that i am a current customer.

I called Dish and got mine for 149.99. Mine gets hooked up on Sunday.

Thanks guys, called today. $199 I left it at that. Thats good enough for me. Going to be installed Sunday

jerryez said:
I see why you call yourself, Freerider.

If you know any kind of snow sports or board sports at all, you would know what freerider means. Evidently you just sit in front of the TV all day. The reason I know the trick was because I really wanted to cancel Dish and get DirectTV because I like the Samsung much much better than the 811. Dish is giving free receivers to new customers and I've been with Dish for 5 years, why should I get treated worse?

I got my 811 for free last week. And I;ve only been a customer for 8 months. I will say that it was the result of an argument similar to the ones mentioned here. When I calle dto set up the appointment the lady says "this will be free of charge sir". I was like "sounds good to me". ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)