How to get to music channels directly?

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
A friend of mine just got his Hopper+3 Joeys installed today and called me with a question. Since I'm currently with Direct and haven't actually had my hands on this new system, I couldn't answer him.

He uses his system to play music as much as anything else, and he said he couldn't figure out how to go to the music channel with a direct channel # input. Says it doesn't work that way and he doesn't like that. So...

Is there a way to do it? Or set up some favorites listing of some sort to have those channels in it along with his viewing channels?

Thanks

The Hopper is set a bit differently than the other receivers. The music channels are bundled. Regular music channels are on channel 98 and SiriusXM are on channel 99. Let's say he wanted to listen to the 50's channel on SiriusXM. To go directly to that channel he would punch in 9905 on his remote and he would go directly to the 50's channel.

Basically, the older receivers use the 6000 range for SiriusXM, Hopper now uses 99-00 range. So SiriusXM 70's on 7 would be 6007 on older receivers, and 9907 on H/J. The CD/AUD channels are in the 98-00 range.

Perhaps the leading zero might make it tune into the channel faster though... Kinda like, say you have a local channel 6, you can either press just 6 and wait for it to change, press 6 then SELECT, or 006.

Now, on the older receivers with OTA, typing in the zeros will allow you to choose which subchannel to go to. Such as 0062 would be 6-2.

It works without the leading 0. For SiriusXM 66 I just put in 9966 and for CD 25 I enter 9825.

That's a recently introduced bug then because if you type 99xx its supposed to take you to the nearest channel in the 9000 range.

That's a recently introduced bug then because if you type 99xx its supposed to take you to the nearest channel in the 9000 range.

I really don't care what you consider a bug. When I put in 9905, I go to the Sirius XM 50s channel. That works for me, it will work for the OPs friend.....

only people subbed to international channels at 118.7W need to use the leading 0, that's where the 9800/9900 range is used

only people subbed to international channels at 118.7W need to use the leading 0, that's where the 9800/9900 range is used
Nope. On the Hopper, International channels are mapped into nested groups in the 600 range. (Why they do this with Int 'l channels, I do not know.) Typing 99xx will take you directly to a SiriusXM channel.

thanks for the info! not subbed to any int'l on my hoppers, that's why i can't see them at that range (not 118.7W either), thought that dish used the same range as the other receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)