How to get Voom question (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

ingramba

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
Feb 11, 2004
100
0
Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX
Thx for quick reply! I have been without contract for over 5 years and want to keep it that way, lol! Is there a 1 or 2 year contract involved? I hope not cause Voom will not be welcomed in my home if there is. :cool:
 

David Dietzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 21, 2004
371
0
Rancho Cucamonga
Just do it. You'll love the VOOM channels. Monsters HD alone is worth the price of admission.

The 61.5 location is where that spot beam satellite from VOOM sits, which would be just dandy for providing HD local channels by the end of the year. The money you spend on a 61.5 dish will likely be very worth it.
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
295
43
Mankato, MN
ingramba said:
Hi all, I have a 811 with the HD pack, how do I go about getting Voom added? I just found out that Dish carried it 2 days ago. Thx! :)

ingramba
Your loc says DFW...Do you have locals throught Dish?

If so......call them and tell them you have a local channel that needas a 2nd dish (there is a Spanish Indy channel on the wing).
Dish will come out and install the dish and switches for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes it will be at 148, but you may be able to get them to aim it at 61.5 for you. If not, have them aim it at 148 and we'll help you get it to 61.5 :)

oh, DO NOT mention Voom to the CSR if you are getting the free dish.....get it installed and on 61.5, then order it through CSR's or online :D
 

SolApathy

SatelliteGuys Guru
May 28, 2005
141
2
Yeah DFW has locals so he should be able to get the 2nd dish for free. All of our locals are on 119 except for 1; channel 52 (which very few ppl watch)which is on the 148 feed.
 

volfan615

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 3, 2003
89
0
Iceberg said:
ingramba
Your loc says DFW...Do you have locals throught Dish?

If so......call them and tell them you have a local channel that needas a 2nd dish (there is a Spanish Indy channel on the wing).
Dish will come out and install the dish and switches for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes it will be at 148, but you may be able to get them to aim it at 61.5 for you. If not, have them aim it at 148 and we'll help you get it to 61.5 :)

oh, DO NOT mention Voom to the CSR if you are getting the free dish.....get it installed and on 61.5, then order it through CSR's or online :D

This is exactly what I did. There is a local home shopping channel on 61.5 so I called them and told them that I couldn't see the channel. She said no problem we will come out and install a new dish free of charge.
 

seandudley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 30, 2004
473
0
Loudon, Tennessee
volfan615 said:
This is exactly what I did. There is a local home shopping channel on 61.5 so I called them and told them that I couldn't see the channel. She said no problem we will come out and install a new dish free of charge.

Lucky! There wasn't any locals channels of any kind on the 61.5 satellite location for my area, so I was forced to shell out $99. :no
 

ingramba

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
Feb 11, 2004
100
0
Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX
Thx all for the great info! ;) I do have locals via Dish and it looks like I might be getting a free Voom install :bow thx to you guys! Might call tomorrow if I have time.

One last question, I call Dish and not a local installer right? Thx again!
 

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
1,855
0
Portland, Oregon
volfan615 said:
This is exactly what I did. There is a local home shopping channel on 61.5 so I called them and told them that I couldn't see the channel. She said no problem we will come out and install a new dish free of charge.
I bet that you've been shopping a lot through that channel. LMAO
 

kfried001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 9, 2004
352
0
datwell said:
There was no contract required for mine. BTW, Monsters is pretty good, but RAVE is my favorite!

da Doug
I'm glad you like Rave now. In one more month you will have seen all of the concerts unfortunately ;-( That is one think I loved about Inhd1 & 2 was the variety of weekly concerts both old groups (The Who, Jethro Tull etc..) and the new. They played the entire concerts as well, not just the 1 hour PBS Soundstage version.
 

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
38,045
16,459
Griffin, GA
Shockingly, when I "moved" to my father's house in the Atlanta market, the CSR brought up the free dish install for 61.5 first. I declined for obvious reasons, but was surprised they offered the free dish without me asking.
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
295
43
Mankato, MN
ingramba said:
One last question, I call Dish and not a local installer right? Thx again!

correct
for the Must Carry rule (the local on the wing), call 1-800-333-DISH but remember...dont say anything about the Voom channels.
 

ingramba

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
Feb 11, 2004
100
0
Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX
Ok, I called this morning and will be getting my second dish installed free! :dev

I am looking forward to my missing shopping channels, lol Any ideas on what I should ask or say to installer to hint that I want it pointed at 61.5? hehe Thx as always! :)

Oh, nothing was mentioned that this was for Voom, just that I want it for my missing locals.
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top