How to hook up 2 receiver 1 dish

rustysung

Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Hi all, I am new to this. I have a vip622 hooked up in the living which I use both output, and I have a 625 which I have no use of. I just purchase a new tv, so I was wondering how can I install the 625 in my room. What do I need to buy and how.. Can you reply very clearly coz I have no clue what I am doing.

Thanks!

First, what kind of TV is the new one. If it is HD, the 625 will not get you any HD pictures.

We need to know what your dish and switch combinations are. Without that information we can say very little.

You might already have all the hardware necessary or you could have to replace everything on the roof.

Yeah let us know what your hardware config is. Dish type switch type if any, etc.
btw. :welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!!!!!!

I just purchase a Sony 52W3000 LCD which will be in the living room and the old Dell HDTV will be put in my room. I dont really care gettin HD in my room coz that will be my gf's tv, and she doesn't care if HD or not. I have 2 dish 500 hooked up, and I dont see any switch.

Well what happen was when they first came to setup the dish they setup the non HD, and I find out after the tech left so I call to bitach for like 30min they finally gave in w/o charging me any fees for changing the receiver and they never send me an empty box which they suppose to so I can send the non HD receiver back.

When I go to system info, next to device i have DPP Twin, Twin(1), Twin(2), Dual(3)
and the satallite signal are 119, 110, 61.5

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Must be a switch

I just purchase a Sony 52W3000 LCD which will be in the living room and the old Dell HDTV will be put in my room. I dont really care gettin HD in my room coz that will be my gf's tv, and she doesn't care if HD or not. I have 2 dish 500 hooked up, and I dont see any switch.

Well what happen was when they first came to setup the dish they setup the non HD, and I find out after the tech left so I call to bitach for like 30min they finally gave in w/o charging me any fees for changing the receiver and they never send me an empty box which they suppose to so I can send the non HD receiver back.

When I go to system info, next to device i have DPP Twin, Twin(1), Twin(2), Dual(3)
and the satallite signal are 119, 110, 61.5

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks![/QUOTE

There has to be a switch somewhere in this set up unless the 61.5 is feed into LNB set up on the 110/119.

Yup, DPP Twin is the switch. Hook up 2nd receiver to unused output on the Twin LNBF w/ your DPP separator to the two inputs on the box and you're good to go.

Where is the output on twin LNBF, do I have to take anything apart. what do I have to do without messing up the signal. I have no idea what I am doing.. Can someone tell me step by step on how to do this. Thanks!

Last edited:
All you need is a screwdriver. Remove the two screws holding the LNB for 110 and 119 and pull the LNB out, you'll see two ports one is being used by the 622 and the other one is open. Use the open port to run a cable from the dish to the receiver.

Just make sure you use RG6 cable and the seperator. Run check switch and that should be it. You probually will have to call dish to activate the receiver as well.

What you mean run check switch. The receiver I am about to hook up is the one they never took back. Do I still need to activate it.

Also, will i mess up the signal after I setup everything.

Can I buy RG6 cable from radio shack or something.

Thanks!

True, but there is no additional fee for activating the receiver. Activation fees are for activating an account not a receiver.

You're right, I'm using the wrong terminology. There's a $5.00 and $5.98 DVR fee per month to add your receiver to your account. There's no activation fee.

Guys, If i buy a VIP 622 receiver from ebay or something. Do i still need to activate the recevier, coz I have tryin to avoid all those monthly charges. Thanks!

Last edited:
rustysung. some things are better left to professionals, and people that know what they are doing, since you clearly say you have no idea what you are doing.. stop trying to do it.. there is NO WAY you can use a reciever without activating it. and as far as buying one off ebay good luck because most of them are stolen or have balances on them and dish will not activate them...

You pay $5 per month for an additional receiver whether you own it or lease it and after Feb 1 you will pay an additional $7 per month for an additional HD receiver own it or lease it same fee applies. The $5.98 DVR fee is also charged either way and I think dish should rethink that and if you own a DVR rather than lease it then you should not have to pay the DVR fee as that should be considered paid when you pay for the DVR. That is why back in the days of the 501 & 508 there was no additional DVR fee as everyone had to purchase the DVRs so there was no monthly fee so it should be the same when you purchase a 622, 625 or a 510. I really think you need to call a local dish retailer and have them send out a technician to install that 625 for you as if you are new to dish it could be quite complicated and you could cause more harm than good attempting to install it yourself.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts