How to hook up 3 Dual Tuner DVRs?

rvacs

Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me how you hook up Qty. 3 (Dual TUner) DVR's to a DISH 1000?

My friend is getting a vip622 and a DVR 625 for her two downstairs tv's and a DVR 625 for an upstairs tv. How would you hook this up to the DISH 1000? Doesnt it only handle 2 (2 tuner) DVR boxes?

Do I use a multiswitch? If so which one?

Thanks,
Rich

:confused:

You can get a DPP-44 switch but they are very expensive. Other choices could be to ...

Have a Dish1000 that uses a DP twin (NOT a DPP twin) or two DP lnbfs and keep the original DP lnbf for 129. Connect two DP-34 switches. This will give you up to eight tuners (four dual tuner receivers). You would have to run two wires to each dual tuner receiver going this route.

Keep your Dish1000 and get a Dish500 with a DP twin lnbf or two DP lnbf's. Also get a DP-34 switch. Connect the Dish500 110 and 119 side to the DP-34 switch and get the third one off of the Dish1000 second output on that 129 lnbf. run You would have to run two wires to the third dual tuner receiver going this route. This is a good route to take if you already have a Dish500 or can get one for little or nothing.

Another option is to just simply get another Dish1000. This is MUCH cheaper than getting a DPP-44 switch. It does not even have to have the 129 lnbf on it as you could use the second output of the 129 lnbf on the first Dish1000.

Thanks Stargazer

Thanks Stargazer...and ideas where I can find some diagrams online of hooking up multiple receivers to s DPP-44? I looked at the above link by gbjbany but none of those show more that 2 receivers being hooked up.

Thanks Again,
Rich

rvacs... you may want to try calling Dish Network. I have heard thru the rumor mill.... a manager of the local RSP that they have Quad DishProPlus LNB's out. what they are supposedly doing is having four ports on the DPPlus one input for the 129 and thre outputs to allow three dual tuners.

rvacs said:
Thanks Stargazer...and ideas where I can find some diagrams online of hooking up multiple receivers to s DPP-44? I looked at the above link by gbjbany but none of those show more that 2 receivers being hooked up.

Thanks Again,
Rich
The DPP44 has four(4) output ports. You can run a single coax to each of four dual tuner recivers using the separaters for each receiver.

It also has for input ports to hook up satelite LBN's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts