How to hookup 322 receiver

jldhawk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
Spirit Lake, Iowa
How do I hook up a 322 (Dual tuner) to a single cable installation?
I have a 1000.2 in place were my first install had a Dish1000, so I had one cable coming into the side of the house to that receiver, but my OTHER 322 has TWO cables coming in from the dish.
I was told that the 322's now come with a splitter to split the single input into TWO??? Is it that simple?
I currently have a 311 split to my daughters room but I want to put a 322 in my bedroom and use the cable to daughters room as TV 2 cable. Is that how to install it?

Make sure you have Dish Pro Plus LNB's and switches. Use a DPP separator to feed tuners 1 and 2 from the one cable. If you need to backfeed on that cable you can do so with diplexers.

The 1000.2 was just installed when I got the VIP 211.
My current config is:

Vip211 to my HDTV
Basement has 322 (Two input cables) feeding the kitchen TV as TV 2
My bedroom has a 311 NOW.
All of this is working fine.
The DIsh1000.2 has a Dish Pro Plus LNB's and switches installed in order for it be working right?
And the DPP seperator comes in the box with the new 322's right?

I want to BUY a 322 from the Dishstore here at Sat guys, but I am NOT going to do that until I know how to install it.

the separator should in a box with receiver. all what you do take 311 out put in 322 and put that separator in

If your LNB is the three-eye one-piece unit, its good to go. If that is the case and you are just swapping the 311 that is connected to the above LNB with a 322, then you will be ok and you should have the necessary separator in the box that the 322 comes in. Just remember it is a separator, not a splitter.