How to install 9 Dish Network 322's

One Wolf Productions

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Oklahoma
I need to know a way how to install 9 Dish Network 322's for a Dialysis Center, I know the remotes can be set from 01-15 on the frequencies but thats only 16. How in the world can I get the rest?

If they are not in the same room, you could reuse some codes for remote 1 on some of the boxes. Do not reuse any numbers for remote 2 as it will go through walls.

I need to know a way how to install 9 Dish Network 322's for a Dialysis Center, I know the remotes can be set from 01-15 on the frequencies but thats only 16. How in the world can I get the rest?

Maybe I don't understand what your saying. "Codes 1-15" is 15, not 16, and if you only need to install 9 and have 15 possibilities, whats the problem?

Maybe I don't understand what your saying. "Codes 1-15" is 15, not 16, and if you only need to install 9 and have 15 possibilities, whats the problem?

322 receivers are dual tuners, so in reality he needs 18 remote addresses. I don't understand why you can't use code 1 as suggested earlier. As long as they're in different rooms, that shouldn't be a problem.

There is a way to use the "upper 16" addresses on the remotes. If you do a search through this site, there are several articles on how to do it. I'd give you the link, but I don't have it available; and don't remember the exact steps.

322 receivers are dual tuners, so in reality he needs 18 remote addresses. I don't understand why you can't use code 1 as suggested earlier. As long as they're in different rooms, that shouldn't be a problem.
I agree, He should be using all main Tuners with their IR remotes and then he has 15 RF remote codes for use on the 9 tuner 2 units?

If he has 9 dual tuner units, 9 of the tuners will use the IR, the other 9 will use the RF... Therefore, if there are 16 channels available, it shouldn't be a problem.

As stated earlier, Dish has additional remote addresses. The Extended Remote Addresses are numbers 17-31. Do a search of "Extended Remote Address" and something should show up. If not, try following these steps:

1. Open the System Info screen.
2. Hold SAT mode button until all mode lights are lit; then release.
3. Press #
4. Press Channel Up to enter Extended Address mode.
5. Decide on an Extended Remote Address number; then subtract 16 from that address number, and enter the result.
6. Press # If the address was entered correctly, the SAT mode button flash three times.
7. Press Record button.

It would be a really good idea to label each remote and the STB that it accesses with its remote address number so that the remote can be easily reset WHEN something odd occurs, and there won't be confusion with so many remotes in one place.

The Extended Remote Access numbers are really designed to be used for commercial installations, such as the one you will be doing. Of course anyone can set any of the Access Codes they wish (I use the Extended Access at home so that I am virtually guaranteed that no one in my neighborhood is going to access any of my boxes.) Its just that Dish likes the residential users to stick with 1-16 and commercial users to use 17-31 as a matter of uniformity.

i really dont see any issue. there are 15 remote codes and 9 receivers.

Ir remote codes dont mess up uhf and uhf doesn't mess up IR. The only time a tv2 remote would control a TV1 is if the receiver was in single mode. Seeing that the 322 doesn't have a single mode ur fine.

Have tv1 remote set to 1-15
have tv2 remote set to 1-15.

that gives u 30 codes and only 18 rooms

The only thing I'm thinking the OP meant was that he was centrally locating all 9 receivers, and as such, was going to use UHF remotes for all 18 televisions.

As stated earlier, there was a discussion on the "upper 16" codes...a way to go beyond the 0 - 15 restrictions. For the life of me I don't have a link to it

Read the owners manual. You can program up to 31 codes. You may need to use a splitter and combine the UHF antenna signal with the TV2 signal in order to get good range with all of those UHF remotes. Put one on the box and another one in the TV2 location with a UHF antenna.

Off topic, but what was the sat / switch config you used out of curiosity?

Two duals with both port 1's to 2 cascaded 44sw's, and both port 2's to the 9th rcvr... or?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts