How to install an at9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blimes

Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
Hello I have a sathawk signal meter and would like to install an at9 dish just curious how difficult it would be and if that meter will work well or is there something special to it???

read the book that comes with it or go to www.solidsignal.com and they have the traning video linked to their pages when your looking at the at9, its the same video that d* trained their installers with. its not that hard just you just dont peak off of 101 but 110 i believe.

You peak at 101 and 119, and then go though a fine tuning process to properly align the Ka sats. If you have a signal meter (sathawk), then it should be fairly easy.

Using a Sathawk is no better or worse than a Birdog for the AT9. Just make sure it’s programmed for the specific satellite and polarity (voltage and/or tone) to satisfy the procedure in the AT9 manual. If your not sure, select the D* 101 and 119 sats and check for 13 to 14 volts at the input connector. If its 16 to 18 volts, don’t use it!
Bob
grydlok said:
sathawk doesn't work as well as a birdog aligning the dish.

little dish guy said:
Using a Sathawk is no better or worse than a Birdog for the AT9. Just make sure it’s programmed for the specific satellite and polarity (voltage and/or tone) to satisfy the procedure in the AT9 manual. If your not sure, select the D* 101 and 119 sats and check for 13 to 14 volts at the input connector. If its 16 to 18 volts, don’t use it!
Bob

what?
I own and use both, It is not the same.

little dish guy said:
If your not sure, select the D* 101 and 119 sats and check for 13 to 14 volts at the input connector. If its 16 to 18 volts, don’t use it!
Bob

Dear god you never used this meter before.

I have a Birdog and a Signaloc-Pro, both sitting in front of me. The Signaloc-Pro is the same as the Sathawk and is made by the same company. I have not used the Signaloc-Pro lately (make that a long time) and it probably does not have a current download, but if I measure the correct voltage when 101 or 119 is dialed up, it should work fine. If you’re Birdog does not have a current download for the 5-LNB Ka/Ku dish, it will also peak on the wrong polarity and cause a slight misalignment of the dish.
Bob

hi guys i just purchase a signaloc-pro it does not have any sat info where can i locate the software or be directed to the download serial#s15846 signaloc pro all and any assissance will be an asset

Acutrac22 Pro

I picked up the acutrac 22 because it is the one used in the training video, has anyone had luck aligning with this meter.

I have a at-9 dish and a DirectTV HD DVR reciever.. in the setup does not give me the option for a 5 LNB dish, only a 3 LNB.... Should it give me the 5 LNB Option?

Thanks

I picked up the acutrac 22 because it is the one used in the training video, has anyone had luck aligning with this meter.

I have a at-9 dish and a DirectTV HD DVR reciever.. in the setup does not give me the option for a 5 LNB dish, only a 3 LNB.... Should it give me the 5 LNB Option?

Thanks

You must have the H10-250. It is mpeg2 only, so it can't see the 99 or 103 sats. You need the HR20 dvr to get them.

Super Buddy meter with AT9KaKu or Slimline

I have received a lot of compliments from installers using our Super Buddy sat id meter for AT9KaKu / Slimline installs. The Super Buddy allows you to lock on the 101, 110, and 119 birds and then do your fine tune peaking off of the signal level on the 99 and 103 Ka birds. You just scroll through to the different satellites with one button.

You can read the application note here:
http://www.appliedin.com/downloads/directvat9kaku.pdf

Scott Haywood
Applied Instruments, Inc.
http://www.appliedin.com

Hello I have a sathawk signal meter and would like to install an at9 dish just curious how difficult it would be and if that meter will work well or is there something special to it???

First, do you even have an AT9? They've pretty much been supplanted by the AU9 "Slimline" model.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts