How to install for a fifth satellite

Wow, I thought for sure it wouldn't for some reason. Well, I think I would rather try that out instead of five DP21 switches and have to run a wire to each turner. How long does the check switch procedure take to do? Are there any A/B switches on the market that are rated 3GHZ? Or, does just the regular type A/B switch would work? Thanks for your help.

Wow, I thought for sure it wouldn't for some reason. Well, I think I would rather try that out instead of five DP21 switches and have to run a wire to each turner. How long does the check switch procedure take to do? Are there any A/B switches on the market that are rated 3GHZ? Or, does just the regular type A/B switch would work? Thanks for your help.

The capability to pass 3 ghz wont be as important as the ability to pass voltage to the LNBs. You would probably be better off just manually swapping the inputs to the 44 switch. If you were to use the DP21's you would need eight of them, one for each tuner. You would also need 2 DPP44 switches. Just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Yep, it sure doesn't scott. Too bad Dish can't get everything on four satellites are make bigger switches. Thanks for the info

Perhaps a compromise is to just put the pentagon channel on 1 receiver and leave the rest with just 4 satellites. If you have a single tuner box use it. The other issue is that the DPP44 power insertion needs to be between the DP21 and the DPP44. Everything is possible to get done with enough time and $$. The issue you have to decide is how much the Pentagon channel is worth vs your RSN in HD.

I remember seeing this post which showed a screenshot of someone successfully having 5 orbitals. Go see what you can get out of it.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...scientist-hooks-up-5-satellite-locations.html

After looking that the thread, looks like you will need to get several dp21's to do 5 orbitals on all receivers.

I remember seeing something using 2 sets of DPP44's. But I forgot what it was for.

Last edited:
Perhaps a compromise is to just put the pentagon channel on 1 receiver and leave the rest with just 4 satellites. If you have a single tuner box use it. The other issue is that the DPP44 power insertion needs to be between the DP21 and the DPP44. Everything is possible to get done with enough time and $$. The issue you have to decide is how much the Pentagon channel is worth vs your RSN in HD.

I believe this configuration would still require a 2nd DPP44 since two ports on the 1st 44 would go to 1 receiver, then the remaining two can use a seperator for 1 line to each receiver... This still leaves one receiver unconnected.

Wouldn't dish charge for the 2nd DPP44?

Dish is going to charge for a lot more than just a 2nd DPP44 if that's what the OP really wants. I'm sorry, but I feel there's too much ado about (IMO) nothing (Pentagon channel).

Now if it was for the Aquarium...oh hell yes!! :p (j/k!!)

Well, I think I will have the installer sight in all five satellites and then when I can figure out which bird we watch the most (61.5 or 129) we will leave that one connected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts