How to Make a Record Always Happen?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andrews777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 5, 2004
I have several recordings that appear to have insufficient information so my 522 thinks they are duplicates. I have to manually restore these. :(

A while back, I noticed a feature that sometimes came up when I would restore such a skipped show that asked if I would like to restore all events for this timer.

Unfortunately, I cannot control when this comes up and I have a few recordings where I have never gotten that prompt.

Does anyone know how I can force a program to "always record" even if it seems to be a duplicate?

Note that I am trying to get the "restore this event/restore all events" dialog to come up. I can't get it to come up even if I remove and recreate the event.

Brad

Last edited:
There are a number of factors to be considered. I can only assume the 942 and 622 work the same as the 522
1. Does it occur at the same time every week ? Yes then use explicit timing. This is the most likely way to achieve what you want.;)
2. Do you have a conflict with other timers, this may cause them to be skipped. I.e priority (generally, order you added the timers) will take over. Happened last night with house unit, and boston legal i missed boston legal :river :river
3. did you specify all or new. New works in mysterious ways ! :confused:
4. Did you use dish pass or just regular schedule timers, i never use dish pass coz i cant guarantee what it will record. :confused:

also look at http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63618 might help you work out the dialogue you mentioned,

Last edited:
I use the normal timer. I have some that I setup the exact same way that prompt me, others that don't. I don't know why it is different.

I don't want a time-based recording since that doesn't tell the intended title.

Brad

Any ideas on this? I still have several recordings that I cannot "permanently" enable. :(

Brad