How to make TV 2 HDTV questions?

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I have 2 HDTVs ,the 1 HDTV with receiver is in bedroom and TV2 is in living room.I have a 722 duo HDTV receiver /DVR.
Question is how do I make TV 2 HD without getting another receiver (and dealing with Dish).I heard there is a way of splitting HD signal.I only watch 1 TV at a Time so not being able to view diffrent shows in different rooms isnt an issue.I just want to be able to watch HD programming(with a decent picture)in Living Room where I have my office.What do I need to buy (and where) to do this.Is it even possible.Any step by step help would be great .

Component and HDMI outputs are both "hot". Use component for the closest and HDMI (one cable solution) for the other. There is no PQ difference between the two.

Last edited:
I have a dish VIP 211 setup feeding two hdtv's-

Ran a 75' HDMI cable and used a HDMI Splitter with amplified outputs.

I also ran a 75' Toslink optical cable directly from DN box and works ...but had no luck trying to split this signal

I setup remote extender to control remote tv-

Did not want to buy a second DN box and extra fees.

:up:up

Are you the new Smith, P.?
I don't really know what you mean. All I know is that this exact same question has been posted almost weekly for past several months. I've answered it many, many times already helping numerous people out, but at some point I have to say enough is enough and instead direct people to learn to do a search before posting (so as not to clutter the board). Call me crazy, but I don't see a point in having so many multiple of posts all asking the same question and getting the same basic answers; it'd be better to have it all consolidated in one post. :cool:

Here how you do it: do a search. It seems this exact same question gets asked almost weekly.

And it seems that this exact same response is given. Rather than just answer a question responses like that waste even more time.

The search function usually brings up either no response or so many it's impossible to find what you are looking for.

And it seems that this exact same response is given. Rather than just answer a question responses like that waste even more time.

The search function usually brings up either no response or so many it's impossible to find what you are looking for.

Exactly!!! I did a search just to see what came up. Believe it or not, not a concisely titled thread, rather a few with the info within. Took me just as much time to answer the question as it did STL NOT to.:rolleyes:

I don't really know what you mean. All I know is that this exact same question has been posted almost weekly for past several months. I've answered it many, many times already helping numerous people out, but at some point I have to say enough is enough and instead direct people to learn to do a search before posting (so as not to clutter the board). Call me crazy, but I don't see a point in having so many multiple of posts all asking the same question and getting the same basic answers; it'd be better to have it all consolidated in one post. :cool:
Okay enough is enough ,if you dont like or are annoyed by a question ,then just dont answer it.For your information I did do a search before posting and every reply I found was confusing .You dont need to HIJack anyones Post because you believe the question (in your mind) has already been answered.Just dont be a Jerk!!!

Okay enough is enough ,if you dont like or are annoyed by a question ,then just dont answer it.For your information I did do a search before posting and every reply I found was confusing .You dont need to HIJack anyones Post because you believe the question (in your mind) has already been answered.Just dont be a Jerk!!!
Don't forget the person who DID answer you question. A Thank You is generally accepted.;)

KAB and Dune,
You boys obviously don't know how to search. Doing a search looking for "TV2" in the title quickly found several threads that answered this question.

For your information I did do a search before posting and every reply I found was confusing.
If you found thread already on the same topic, then why did feel the need to start a brand new thread instead of posting to an existing thread (to get your clarification)? It'd be better for everyone if people kept related info more consolidated -- heck, if people before you had done it then you might have actually found your answer when you searched. :cool:

This will be a great question for Scott's new DISH/tech forum. It is a simple, direct question which can be clearly answered, and then the thread closed and available for search.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)