722k Update

IF there is one being spooled that has your receiver targeted then you need to have both tuners in standby to receive an update. So if there is a software version spooling you can see if you are targeted by putting both TV1 and TV2 in standby. If the download doesn't start in 90 seconds then there is nothing spooling to your receiver at that time.

I did research on this once and remember seeing that there also needs to be a period of inactivity on the VIP models. Don't remember how long, but I would give it a good hour, not 90 seconds.

The software going out now is only targeted to 500,000 receivers and as far as I know the only fix has something to do with the UHF remote.

... you need to have both tuners in standby to receive an update. So if there is a software version spooling you can see if you are targeted by putting both TV1 and TV2 in standby.

Unsure what you mean by TV1 and TV2 in standby. Would this be the same as when you shut the receiver off with nothing recording on any tuner, and nothing scheduled for a while?

Thanks!

Unsure what you mean by TV1 and TV2 in standby. Would this be the same as when you shut the receiver off with nothing recording on any tuner, and nothing scheduled for a while?

Thanks!

Right, if you are in single mode, just hit the power button (so the screen saver comes up). If you are in dual mode you have to do this on both TV1 and TV2 so that the screensaver is up on both.

I did research on this once and remember seeing that there also needs to be a period of inactivity on the VIP models. Don't remember how long, but I would give it a good hour, not 90 seconds.

Sort of, but you are kinda confused. The inactivity has to do with current and future activity, not past activity. If there is a timer scheduled to fire in the next 30 mins the download will not start, but it has nothing to do with what has previously happened. Trust me, if the download doesn't start in the first 90 seconds (and you don't have any upcoming timers scheduled to fire), then your receiver is not currently targeted. There is no reason to wait an hour.

Sort of, but you are kinda confused. The inactivity has to do with current and future activity, not past activity. If there is a timer scheduled to fire in the next 30 mins the download will not start, but it has nothing to do with what has previously happened. Trust me, if the download doesn't start in the first 90 seconds (and you don't have any upcoming timers scheduled to fire), then your receiver is not currently targeted. There is no reason to wait an hour.
Note: The receiver may need to be left in Standby (plugged in with satellite feed and turned off) for a minimum of 20 minutes to further recover the download if interrupted at critical times. This "boot recovery" is a MINIMUM of 20 minutes, and could last 1 hour or more for some models. If a 721 with factory software was interrupted during this process at step 5, then the receiver cannot be recovered and will need to be replaced.

Friday February 06 2009 © 2009 Dish Network L.L.C. All rights reserved.

Tech Portal : 622

I know this doesn't expain how to force a download on an already active receiver but it's what I read and thus my statement. Also I have had CS ask me to wait that long.

The software going out now is only targeted to 500,000 receivers and as far as I know the only fix has something to do with the UHF remote.

I hope to get this update soon as I've been having much trouble getting my UHF to work from upstairs. The problem started a couple months ago, I've even had the remote replaced to no avail. My receiver is currently at L656.

Note: The receiver may need to be left in Standby (plugged in with satellite feed and turned off) for a minimum of 20 minutes to further recover the download if interrupted at critical times. This "boot recovery" is a MINIMUM of 20 minutes, and could last 1 hour or more for some models. If a 721 with factory software was interrupted during this process at step 5, then the receiver cannot be recovered and will need to be replaced.

Friday February 06 2009 © 2009 Dish Network L.L.C. All rights reserved.

Tech Portal : 622

I know this doesn't expain how to force a download on an already active receiver but it's what I read and thus my statement. Also I have had CS ask me to wait that long.

I understand that at times people tell you to do things, but I promise you that what I said is 100% true. If it doesn't start almost immediately it isn't going to.

not sure if this was already fixed on the 722k, but I read on here that the problem I had on the 612 where the groups would be reset to no groups every night after it updated happened on the 722 as well. I just set up groups the other day on the 722k so don't know if it was doing this prior to the new 658 update, but in the last few days the groups settings in DVR have stayed the same and have not reset like it was on the 612.

But the ota bug is still there, which is the thing they really need to fix.

L6.56 and L6.58 are both current. As was said earlier only certain receivers are being targeted for the newer software.

If your receiver needs to take a download here is how to make it happen:

Go to the point dish screen and make sure that you can lock onto a signal from either 77 on eastern arc or 119 on western arc. Then turn the power off on both tuners and wait for up to 15 minutes.

what bug

not sure if this was already fixed on the 722k, but I read on here that the problem I had on the 612 where the groups would be reset to no groups every night after it updated happened on the 722 as well. I just set up groups the other day on the 722k so don't know if it was doing this prior to the new 658 update, but in the last few days the groups settings in DVR have stayed the same and have not reset like it was on the 612.

But the ota bug is still there, which is the thing they really need to fix.

What OTA bug U talking about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)