How to program Olevia TV code on VIP211

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

freshwater

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
How I can program TV code from Olevia 232H on a vip211 remote.
I want to control the TV from DISH remote.

The book says to use 766 or 773 for Olevia.
How you input these codes.

I've had a Olevia 242T for over a year and love it but to my knowledge there ain't NO code or scan to operate it with a Dish remote (and most, if not all cable remotes). Evidently Olevia uses some oddball frequency for its remotes, I'd have bought another one if it weren't for this. My sister has a 37" and same problem, dunno what Olevia those codes from Dish might work on but they don't work on mine or hers, neither does scanning.My solution was to get a Sony VL-600 learning remote from Walmart for $25. Works great and easy to program and use. Keep in mind that its IR so the TV has to be in the same room as the receiver. Good luck.

Do you use TV or AUX to input and do u put 0 o 1 before u put 3 digit code.

I was reading some old posts and one guy got it working somehow by doing some global scan.
now cant find that post.

ive been able to get some olevia models to work with hitachi codes, try 523, other times i google, with quotation marks..." olevia manufactured by " and see what comes up . ive programed many remotes for off brand tvs this way....good luck