How to Program remotes...

mattnstacy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
How can I re-program my remotes for a different receiver? Or program a "1" remote to work with the box? The installers did not do this for me. I have both outputs of my 625 going to one tv. The "2" remote works but I want to use the "1" remote so I don't have problems with my other tvs.

I thought at one time they were going to allow the Aux selection to do another receiver in IR, of course. What happened to this?

You can do it with a learning remote but with my cheap Phillips one, if you mess up once you will not be able to get all the buttons even if you overwrite it--erase and start over.

Single mode sounds best.
-Ken

You can take the battery cover off the back of remote #2 to get at the blue chip. You can pick that out and flip it over to read TV1, now it will work just like the first remote.

If I were you I'd go to the front panel of the receiver and push the mode button to put it in single mode. Now TV1 remote works the whole show and the PIP functions are used to access TV2.

A long story but at one point my receiver was in a remote location. I have since moved it on top of the tv but never set up the "1" remote to work. I was using the "2" remote in UHF mode. This "2 remote was causing havoc with my other dual receiver's 2nd tv. The 2 "2" remotes were set to the same remote address. I found out how to change this in the receiver's manual so I'm all set, I think.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts