How to program Satellites not in the default

Status
Please reply by conversation.

plimzol

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
I have a pansat 6000hxc pvr and would like to program in satellites that apparently do not appear in the default list already programed into the reciever. Is there a way to do this? Further, is there a way to edit the
satellite name once a satellite has been aquired and saved?

plimzol

I have a pansat 6000hxc pvr and would like to program in satellites that apparently do not appear in the default list already programed into the reciever. Is there a way to do this?
antenna setup (password)
edit satellite/TP
scroll to bottom and it says "new satellite"

Further, is there a way to edit the
satellite name once a satellite has been aquired and saved?

plimzol

not from the receiver. Channelmaster will allow you to do it :)

Ok I'm stumped. I'm trying to enter Galaxy 26. I've gotten to the edit screen (again thanks to iceberg) and I cannot match any value (down freq., polarity, symbol rate) with any info on lyngsat. I'm using usals. Does this require DiSEqC 1.2 because I see no input for sat longitude? I was able to enter the satellite name (G26 Ku). I know it's a H/V polarity sat. Symbol rate and Down Freq. are freaking me out.

plimzol

Galaxy 26 is the same as IA6 (or may say T6)

to change the satellite spot, you have to go into USALS and change it in there

Iceberg,

Sorry for the late reply. My problem was I didn't realize you can enter numerical values with the number keys. Once I had hit a number key (by mistake the first time) instead of scrolling through the defaut settings I felt about two inches tall. Thanks again for your help.

plimzol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)