How to promote a PTAT recording to send to EHD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
Right now PTAT cannot be sent to the EHD from day 1. I would reduce the days to retain PTAT programs but it seems safer to keep them in the 8-day category.

The best I can do now is to set protect on the shows I will be saving and delete those on no interest. Does that keep them "forever"?

I would prefer a way to pick shows from PTAT to be like "regular" recordings so that I can move them to various EHDs when I choose or just to keep them longer.

What does happen to them at the end of the 8-day retainer?

-Ken

I haven't tested this recently, but last time I tested this was when PTAT automatically saved for 8 days and was not customizeable. I verified that you could NOT transfer to an EHD until day 8/9, or after the event was deleted from the PTAT folder. I haven't had time to test this recently, but you could try setting the amount of saved days to 2 and then try to transfer to the EHD on day 2 and if that doesn't work, try on day 3 and also verify that the event was deleted from the PTAT folder.

If you just set a regular timer for the shows you want to save it will create a folder and save them under the regular recordings list. It won't actually use a tuner for this timer if it is a show already being recorded by the PTAT timer. It seems to just duplicate them to the regular recordings list.
I haven't tried it but I would bet that it will let you transfer to a EHD right away if it is under the regular recordings list.

When I tested this, I saved the series/events I wanted to transfer and they appeared under My Recordings on my internal hopper hard drive. When I went to the EHD transfer menu, those specific PTAT events that I had saved to my internal drive, were not listed on the EHD transfer list until after day 8.

If you just set a regular timer for the shows you want to save it will create a folder and save them under the regular recordings list. It won't actually use a tuner for this timer if it is a show already being recorded by the PTAT timer. It seems to just duplicate them to the regular recordings list.
I haven't tried it but I would bet that it will let you transfer to a EHD right away if it is under the regular recordings list.
Yes, they are ready to transfer immediately.

When I do My Recordings, press a name, select Edit and it gives me a size of 0.000 GB, then I sense it has not been transferred (yet) such that it is accessible in Menu+down+down+left (External Hard Drive)>Hopper STB>External Device 1 or 2>Next.

The only ones there are non-PTAT or fully aged PTAT (recognizable by the red hopper on their transfer tile.) I expect that had I not "Saved" them they might, at best, be in the trash. Saved generally have an S badge on their tile although this gets pushed off if there are say 3 badges, like Hopper, HD, New (right to left). Only a maximum of 2 badges show in DVR>My Recordings.

When would they advance to Transfer eligible if the days are reduced? That night or on reboot? Original keep delay?

BTW Manual Timers get the station and time but no other title of what is recorded even if a single program being truncated.
Note that DVR>My Recording>Select Press>Edit lets you see the size in GB=1024MB. The size on a 722 was in MB.

To set timers for each would send me way over the 96 timer limit.

-Ken

I haven't had time to test when they would be able to be transfered. If you have them set to save for 2 days, then I would assume they can be transfered on day 3, I don't think they would still be missing from the transfer option until day 8/9. If you have time, I would test it out and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)