How to properly reboot a 721

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I know that pulling (then replacing) the card on the 721 causes a reboot, but I also see that pressing the power button and holding it for about 8-10 seconds results in a reboot as well. Is pulling the card somehow better? It would seem that pulling the card could eventually lead to a scratched/dirty/defective card, whereas holding down the power button would be more benign. So why do so many people (including tech support) tell you to pull the card for a reboot?

Reinsert card means cold boot, while pressing power button - warm. Probably you are familiar with the two methods of reboot, if not - just one example: warm reboot doesn't eliminate resident virus if your PC infected.

I prefer the turn off the switch on the power strip method usually on the once a month lockup.... (usually my fault when I string together too many remote commands at once)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)