How to re-connect VIP722 with VideoPath Power inserter

hammondc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
I have a VIP722 in he den that I share with a bedroom TV. I moved some stuff and now cannot remember how to connect it.
here is what i have now

1.Coming out the VIP722 the 2 satellite in ports each have a coax going into a seperator. That seperator has 1 coax coming out.

2.have coax coming out the home distribution port on the VIP722

3.Have a DP PLUS VideoPath Power Inserter with coax out each end- 1 is 'to switch inputs' and the other is ' to receiver satellite in'

4.also a Holland Electronics STVC splitter/separator type device. One side has a coax port labeled 'out/in' the other side has 2 coax ports- one labeled 'VHF / UHF' and one labeled 'SAT'

Where does the incoming coax from the wall plug in and then what is after #1 above?

thanks so much

I have a VIP722 in he den that I share with a bedroom TV. I moved some stuff and now cannot remember how to connect it.
here is what i have now

1.Coming out the VIP722 the 2 satellite in ports each have a coax going into a seperator. That seperator has 1 coax coming out.

2.have coax coming out the home distribution port on the VIP722

3.Have a DP PLUS VideoPath Power Inserter with coax out each end- 1 is 'to switch inputs' and the other is ' to receiver satellite in'

4.also a Holland Electronics STVC splitter/separator type device. One side has a coax port labeled 'out/in' the other side has 2 coax ports- one labeled 'VHF / UHF' and one labeled 'SAT'

Where does the incoming coax from the wall plug in and then what is after #1 above?

thanks so much
first you must determine that the correct cable from the dish to your receiver is what you are connecting to ...
Typically when customers decide to move rewceivers on their own, it spells disaster. But you have alreeady doen this so it's water under the bridge..
Anyway. The cable from the wall plate goes to the single port side of the diplexer. The UHF/VHF port gets connected to the 21-69 port on the back of the reciver. The cable from the SAT side of the diplexer goes to the "switch" side of the power inserter. Then connect a cable from the "receiver" side of the power inserter to the "seperator".
On the exterior of the home ,make sure the cable leading to the power inserter is connected to port number one on the DPP 44 switch. If it isnt the system will not acquire satellite.
***** Note***** DO NOT PLUG THE POWER INSERTER IN UNTIL YOU HAVE MADE ALL CONNECTIONS FIRST

Badass! Up and running. Thanks s much for your help. Normally, I am good with this, but I have been moving my entire theater for over 13 hours now. I am exhausted.

Anyhow....you made my night. Thanks so much!

Badass! Up and running. Thanks s much for your help. Normally, I am good with this, but I have been moving my entire theater for over 13 hours now. I am exhausted.

Anyhow....you made my night. Thanks so much!
Yer welcome.. If you need anything further, you know where to ask

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)