How to re-init a 625?

incavulator

Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Hi gang,

New to the forum. Have a dish DVR 625. While recording tonight, it locked up. Tried holding the power button on the front panel for several seconds. It rebooted and then gave a message stating, "The data on the hard drive has been corrupted. Press OK to delete everything." I re-attempted the reboot several times, but continued to get the same message. I even tried pulling the power cord and waiting one minute.

Eventually, I gave in to the message and allowed it to delete everything. A few seconds after agreeing to the mass deletion, I had a change of heart and tried the reboot one more time.

Now I get error 024 (unable to access this feature at this time. Data not available).

Called support. Re-ran me through most of the above, as well as the signal strength and switch checks to no avail.

I saw a couple posts that told me how to re-init the hard drive. I've tried this several times but it doesn't appear to work on my 625. I never get to the screen that has all the hexadecimal.

Anybody have any other ideas, or know how to force a re-init on a 625?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, but I tried the instructions in that stickie several times and they don't seem to work for the 625.

Anybody else successfully reinit'd their 625? I hate to go through the trouble of getting a replacement receiver for what I believe could be fixed by a format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts