How-to: Recording and Guide Info with OTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elee532

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
I'm a new Dish subscriber. I'm getting the HD Bronze pack with the VIP622. I am getting my HD locals OTA.

My problem is that the guide only shows "Digital Service" for all of these channels. Isn't there a way to get a schedule of the shows like I do for the Dish channels?

Thanks for any help!

garys said:
Only by subscribing to your local package, but you will not get any listings on any subchannels.
Another $5 :eek:

I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't already paying the "no phone line charge."

Guess I'll be getting back on the phone (already four calls since I had Dish installed on Saturday, but I'll save that story for another message :) )

Thanks for the help.

Even the 811 had guide info for local OTA network channels, with no subscription to local channels required. Do you mean that the 622 has taken a step backwards?!

the 811 is apparently the only one they got that part right on. all the rest ignore PSIP and instead rely on the Dish SD Locals for the guide. If a local's analog and digital station happen to show different stuff, you're outta luck.

Pepper said:
the 811 is apparently the only one they got that part right on. all the rest ignore PSIP and instead rely on the Dish SD Locals for the guide.
Any chance this is something that could be "fixed" in a software update?

RobertsD said:
Their not going to "fix" it. They did it on purpose, to make more money.
Yeah, I figured they did it on purpose (thus the quotes around "fixed"). I'm just curious whether anyone knew whether it could be easily changed via firmware if they wanted to.

Pepper said:
the 811 is apparently the only one they got that part right on. all the rest ignore PSIP and instead rely on the Dish SD Locals for the guide. If a local's analog and digital station happen to show different stuff, you're outta luck.

811 does not use PSIP for guide, it works the same as the others it just does not require the local package. I think the 6000 works the same and both were kind of grandfathered before they decided to charge for guide data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)