How to remove Blockbuster and Lounge from the menu?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I have Dish everything package but I don't want the blockbuster or the midnight lounge stuff and never signed up for any of it .... I also am not connected to the Internet.

Can I/dish somehow remove those two items from my menu system in the receiver? All they do is clutter the menu and make an additional input required for almost everything.

Thanks

I have Dish everything package but I don't want the blockbuster or the midnight lounge stuff and never signed up for any of it .... I also am not connected to the Internet.

Can I/dish somehow remove those two items from my menu system in the receiver? All they do is clutter the menu and make an additional input required for almost everything.

Thanks

Are you referring to the guide or on demand menus?

Thanks
If you are referring to removing from Guide, you can go into locks, then channel locks, select all the channels you don't want to see, then lock system and choosing Hide Locks (along with Hide Adult). If you are referring to the on demand screen, just lock system choosing Hide Locks.

When I press the DVR button I get the first menu screen and it has 3 worthless entries for me there (all dish trying to sell chit). To get to My Media for the EHDD I have to page down to get to the next screen. I'd like to have it on the first screen and or the others just removed.

When I press the DVR button I get the first menu screen and it has 3 worthless entries for me there (all dish trying to sell chit). To get to My Media for the EHD I have to page down to get to the next screen. I'd like to have it on the first screen and or the others just removed.
You have described two different procedures. The first, in the OP, from the main menu, can not be modified. The second (above), pressing the DVR button (from main menu OR button on remote, starts on the My Recordings Button (with your recorded program tiles below. The button to the right of it, reads as whatever room name you chose for your hopper. Hitting that will bring up your connected EHD. To the right of that are recording management buttons. No other worthless entries I've ever seen.

When I press the DVR button I get the first menu screen and it has 3 worthless entries for me there (all dish trying to sell chit). To get to My Media for the EHDD I have to page down to get to the next screen. I'd like to have it on the first screen and or the others just removed.

You don't state what receiver you have. I have a 722 and on my receiver you can do what garys suggested--hide Adult channels and lock system--to get rid of the "Midnight Lounge" button that appears after you press the "DVR" button. This will make the "My Media" button appear as the fifth selection on the first page accomplishing most of what you want. You can also use # keys as shortcuts instead of using arrow keys to move thru the menu system on a 722--after you press "DVR", press "6" on an unlocked system or "5" on a locked system to select "My Media".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)