How to remove cover on VIP622??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Does anybody know how to remove the top cover and front cover on the VIP622 receiver? My front push button for power reset is now pushed into the inside, and I can't get it back out. I assume that it's mounted on some cheesy light metal bracket, and the bracket bent. I want to be able to bend the bracket back, and get the push button back out through the hole.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
re: how to remove cover on vip622

i would highly recommend have the rcvr replaced, due to tha fact if dsh noticed the rcvr has been tampered with you will be charged for customer damge. if you dont have dhpp waranty highly recommend adding it to your acct, and have rcvr replaced at not charge!! Cause pricing on 622 runs roughly around $499.00. I hope this helps fyi if you have recordings that you dont want to loose you can purchase one act fee for about 39.99 to connect an external hrd drv and transfer your recordings

dshman123

Thanks! I'll look for it there.

I forgot to mention in my first posting I OWN this receiver. It's not leased. So, I can open it any time I choose.

a cover isnt hard to get off, remove 4 screws, slide it back then up. no biggie.

the "do not tamper" sticker is on the hard drive itsself, not the box cover.

true that! if you own ur rcvr then yes u could do what u want when u want with it, the good thing bout it is when being replaced by dish and u own the rcvr is that you still own it!! so I would really recommend having it replace, don't hurt to get a new one cuz possibly trying to correct the issue urself could cause further damages ...not that im saying u can't fix but to aleast not have that burrden of having to purchase a new 622

true that! if you own ur rcvr then yes u could do what u want when u want with it, the good thing bout it is when being replaced by dish and u own the rcvr is that you still own it!! so I would really recommend having it replace, don't hurt to get a new one cuz possibly trying to correct the issue urself could cause further damages ...not that im saying u can't fix but to aleast not have that burrden of having to purchase a new 622

Are you serious? Even though I own this, if Dish has to replace it, I would still own the NEW one? I would have to sign up for the DHCP (whatever it's called) thing first though, right? I'm not on a 18 or 24 month contract, so could stay or go as I please. That means no monthly discounts, but it has other advantages..

yeah basically all you have to do is call in stated that the front panel pwr button fell into tha rcvr and that u need it replaced and if u don't have dhpp waranty dish will usually ask if u want add it on and as for question u can add it on and remove as u like no commitmnts prolly only be charged prorated fees for adding in the middle of billin cycle

Spellcheck??? Do you know what the squiggly lines under all of the misspellings/improper punctuation are? This isn't a text message, no wonder America is behind the rest of the world. Your post gives me a headache just trying to decode it. :confused: I'm not trying to be the grammar police but make an effort, please.

Nick

Better yet, do what I do and skip them. Saves headaches.

If people can't bother to type properly, they normally don't have much substance to add either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts