How to Replies thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just found this, you might want to include the 522 since it is just a 625 with smaller hard drive and currently without the VOD "feature"

Great Idea! Want to let others know if they upgrade from a 921 to 622, you will need to have an HDMI cable or adapter. I was using the DVI output to my Samsung 61" DLP and when my 622 was installed yesterday, it only has the HDMI output and is too small for the cable. I also have an HDMI input to the TV so I will end up buying a new cable instead of getting the adapter.

How to have 2 channels buffering at the same time (Single Mode):

How to have 2 channels buffering at the same time (Single Mode):
1.Let's start from when you power on your 625, 522 or later HD model DVR's. The channel you are viewing live is buffering (don't change the channel or you will lose what has been buffered) or change the channel to the desired program.

2.Press the "Swap" button. The channel you were watching is now the background tuner continuing to buffer. Now, you may change the channel of the foreground tuner you are now viewing to whatever you like, and this tuner will also buffer.

3.Simply press the "Swap" button to change between tuners without interrupting buffer process.

4.You can also use the "PIP" button and functions for the same results.

All trick play is available for each tuner during buffer. Each tuner running in this mode has a buffer limit of 2 hours.

If you wish to view a DVR event (that has been previously recorded). then only the background tuner will continue to buffer. The video that you are tuned to or watching in the foreground will no longer buffer. This is the same action as if you were to change channels.

To have a tuner buffer while watching a DVR event:

First, make your buffered channel the background channel. If it is not the background channel, then you can tune to the channel, press "Swap" then load your DVR event. Or take the channel you are currently watching in the foreground and press "Swap" making it the background tuner, and now load your DVR event.

If you want the foreground tuner to "buffer" as well, the work-around is that you have to use the "Record" function. You can add time to the end of that program by selecting "Options" when you press the record button. Or you can set a manual timer for hours and hours of time. But each tuner is limited to a 2 hour buffer unless you use the Record function.

I hope that was clear enough to help.

Last edited:
How to extend recording time while DVR is currently recording that event

Sometimes, if you are home while an event is recording, you may check to confirm that it is recording or make certain that the scheduled show is airing. Well, on some occasions I found that a channel has started a show several minutes late, but it will air in its entirety often because of late end to a live awards event or sports event or breaking news or other reasons. This means that the guide does not reflect this last minutes change, and if you don't do something, you are gonna miss the last several minutes of your currently recording show, but you certainly don't want to interrupt the recording in progress.
Here is how to extend the end time for a timer that is in progress of recording your show without interrupting the recording:

1. Access the recording tuner by using the swap button or going to the DVR recorded shows screen--but don't just tune to the same channel. That won't take you to the tuner that is currently recording your show.

2. Confirm that you are on the recording tuner by pressing the View TV or Cancel button and looking for the big, red dot on the banner with the show title whose timer end time you wish to extend (the banner automatically display after a Swap or access via DVR recordings).

3. Press the Record button. A small banner appear at the bottom of the screen.

4. Note the Record Until and Extended End Time values.

5. Press the DVR FWD remote button to increase recorded time and the DVR BACK button to decrease recorded time.

6. Press select when you have reached your desired value for Extended End Time.

The DVR will stop recording the number of minutes after the end time of the original timer event that you programmed.

I hope that was of interest and help to all.

didn't work for me. swap button did nothing. tuning through dvr scsreen did nothing. hittswap there did nothing. cancel button or swap did not bring up red dot to confirm which channel. hitting record brought up button that said Recording in Progress. It's also impossible to get a pre recorded program to stop recording while it's on unless it is on tv1--then you can get it to stop by changing channels and it will tell you if you change it will stop recording. Why should it stop recording if I'm only recording that channel? I should be able to watch another channel. Only if I am recording on GTV2 will it let me change channels. why can't I watch tv2 while 1 is recording?

On the DVR models you can go into guide and select how many hours you want to go ahead by quickly hitting (in this example) 16 and hit the browse button (right arrow). You must do this quickly.

To get to the end of the programming guide by hitting 999 right arrow.

didn't work for me. swap button did nothing. tuning through dvr scsreen did nothing. hittswap there did nothing. cancel button or swap did not bring up red dot to confirm which channel. hitting record brought up button that said Recording in Progress. It's also impossible to get a pre recorded program to stop recording while it's on unless it is on tv1--then you can get it to stop by changing channels and it will tell you if you change it will stop recording. Why should it stop recording if I'm only recording that channel? I should be able to watch another channel. Only if I am recording on GTV2 will it let me change channels. why can't I watch tv2 while 1 is recording?

You need to be in single mode to utilize the swap button along with PIP. Looks for the "mode" button on your receiver.

Note: TV2 will be viewing the same as TV1 when in single mode, thus you will not have independent televisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)