How to sell a receiver?

Edgar_in_Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2005
I tried to search the forum for the answer to my question, but came up empty.

I'm planning to sell my 811 on ebay and apply the money towards a 622 upgrade, but I have a couple questions.

1) Do I need to do anything to deactivate the receiver before I put it up for sale? Can I advertise that the receiver is free and clear if it's still activated for me? Do I need to have it removed from my account? It's my only receiver, so this would leave my account without a receiver temporarily...is that a problem? Does Dish require a receiver to have an account? (I have a cable HD DRV to use in the meantime).

2) Should I display the serial # or card # from the back of the receiver in my auction?

Thanks a lot for any help,

Edgar in Indy

dish will swap out your 811 for the 622 for free there is a 200 upgrade fee and a 200 rebate for your 811 returned. at leaset thats what they tell me

I watch the Dish HD forum and I was just visiting the Dish website, and that's the first I've heard about that promotion. I though the $200 rebate was for a 921/942. Do you have any details or a link? Has anybody actually gotten this?

Edgar in Indy

Edgar_in_Indy said:
I watch the Dish HD forum and I was just visiting the Dish website, and that's the first I've heard about that promotion. I though the $200 rebate was for a 921/942. Do you have any details or a link? Has anybody actually gotten this?

Edgar in Indy

I believe you are correct that the promotion is only for the 921/942. I just swapped my 942 under that promotion.

hobojoe said:
dish will swap out your 811 for the 622 for free there is a 200 upgrade fee and a 200 rebate for your 811 returned. at leaset thats what they tell me
That promo is $199 for the 622 and 10 - $10 credits on your bill spread over the nest 10 months. Net is $99 for the 622 + fees and taxes, etc., etc.

IF you want to sale it, you will need to have it taken off your account. Other then that, and making sure there are no problems with your bill, you'll have no problems selling it to someone.

Is it safe for me to post the identification numbers (serial number, smart card number, etc) on the auction? Can those number be stolen or used illigetimately somehow?

Edgar_in_Indy said:
Is it safe for me to post the identification numbers (serial number, smart card number, etc) on the auction? Can those number be stolen or used illigetimately somehow?
why would you want to post them? I see no need to.

I posted mine others have too, alternatively you can say if people message you, you will provide them, but that may prevent you getting the best price.
People buy will feel more comfortable if they call dish to validate it's not got any charges. In fact people here recommend not buying unless they call dish to check for a balance.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)