AMIKO How to set Aspect Ratio on Mini HD SE

Alan Rovner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Hi all, dumb question, I don't see how to change the Aspect Ratio on the Mini HD. Obviously I missed something. How to I set letterbox on or off?

Thanks as always,
Alan

Yes, no such thing as a dumb question. :)
and yes FTA4PA has sent you in the direction. :)

Reactions: FTA4PA
Thanks guys for the fast reply. But the change has no effect. I'm watching Montana PBS and picture is streched so circles become ovals. I tried all the Aspect Mode settings but the picture isn't affected . I used the Menu key to save changes. I must be doing something wrong :)

Thanks again,
Alan

Get to know your monitor's Aspect button, it's your friend, as there's no longer a standard for video transmission in this regards.
(I use it often, and more often to zoom those bottom scollers off the screen)

Get to know your monitor's Aspect button, it's your friend, as there's no longer a standard for video transmission in this regards.
(I use it often, and more often to zoom those bottom scollers off the screen)

We have so many severe storm warnings, that it gets really annoying having the warnings constantly scrolling the TV screen. (Seems EVERY storm is a SEVERE storm these days.) Anyway. I'm old school. I have a strip of cardboard that snaps on the bottom 6" of the TV with Velcro. Even have a cutout for the IR remote sensor! Low tech, but I'm not a big fan of 'zoom'.

Reactions: FaT Air
Thanks guys I got it figured out although the Menu terminology could be better. If you select the 16:9 Aspect Ratio, an SD 4:3 picture us properly sized where a circle looks normal. If you select 4:3LB then it's stretched. Whatever, at least it can be changed.

I appreciate all the great feedback here,
Alan

Thanks guys I got it figured out although the Menu terminology could be better. If you select the 16:9 Aspect Ratio, an SD 4:3 picture us properly sized where a circle looks normal. If you select 4:3LB then it's stretched. Whatever, at least it can be changed.

I appreciate all the great feedback here,
Alan

Montana PBS is probably broadcasting 4:3 as 16:9 with black on the sides. So the proper setting for that particular channel is 16:9.

COZI does that a lot. When there's a 4:3 program they just put black bars on the sides instead of changing the broadcast ratio.

My particular TV has an aspect setting called "Set by Program" that guesses right almost 100% of the time. So I usually leave it set at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts