How to set up back to back timers to use both tuners?

the only timer we have tried is weekly. 2 timers set up (1 & 1:30)

so I guess you have to go 5 minutes over for it to work properly? hmmm....might try that

What if you set the first timer to go 5 minutes into the next show an the next timer to start 5 minutes early? Might need to set a manual timer, instead of using the padding, since the padding doesn't do it right in the first place.

EDIT: Oh, got beat to it, oh well.

ok got it working

If I set the 1st timer to go 5 minutes late then it moves that one to tuner 1 (2nd show is set on tuner 2)

Zach the option you posted above did not work. I put the receiver in dual mode and turned off record plus. Set the timer and it shows tuner 1. Then I changed back to single mode and magically (????) it showed tuner 2 then. Just to let ya know ;)

just to confirm (since it was new shows last night) my dad said it worked with 1 min early 5 minutes late settings. Both recorded the whole show plus extra :)

I think it just has to be MORE than the "standard" default, which IIRC is 1 before and 3 after.
Probably if you have more and then decrease it, it drops it down to nothing between on the same tuner.
It is trying to keep your other tuner ready for viewing, ha ha.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)