How to setup 95W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beejaam

Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
canada
I have 101 setup already done with 18" dish and DSS dual lnb. I am getting signal strength between 90-100%.

I am trying to setup 95W (for international programming ch 2000 series) with separate 33" dish. I already have Zinwell 4x4 multiswitch SAM-4402-03A.
I have following two LNBs for 95W which I tried both separately.
1) Xtream II digital Ku band LNBF (RF : 11.7 - 12.5 Ghz, IF : 950-1750 Mhz, LO : 10.75 Ghz)
2) Digiwave Ku band Circular/Linear LNBF (RF : 11.7 - 12.2 Ghz, IF : 950-1150 Mhz, LO : 10.75 Ghz)

I am connecting output from 101 lnbf to SAT A ports and output from 95W to 18V/22Khz port on switch.

Kindly explain how to to do setup and do i have proper LNBFs and switch ?

Thanks,

use the Xtreme II...but note that LNB has a weird skew spot. Look on the LNB and there should be a notch...usually by the label. That is 0 skew. You will need to skew the LNB for your area

Do you have the dish aimed properly? If you have access to a free to air receiver there is a transponder on that sat that you can use to aim the dish first then hook up to the switch
CCTV (Chinese channels)
H

There no. 1 embossed by the label. Is that the 0 skew ?
I do not have dish aimed properly and that is what i am not able to get.
I do have FTA receiver (viewsat Ultra). I will try with that to confirm the dish aiming first and then will hook it up to switch.

Thanksm

There no. 1 embossed by the label. Is that the 0 skew ?
yes its on the side of the LNB...

I do have FTA receiver (viewsat Ultra). I will try with that to confirm the dish aiming first and then will hook it up to switch.

I'd use the FTA receiver to hone in on 95W. Then hook it to the switch (18v + 22k side)

Can you give some more info on how to skew lnb in this case ? In my area i need to skew 22.6 clockwise (looking from back of dish) as per dishpointer.com

BTW, any particular reason to use FTA for honing 95W. I have DTV receiver D12-100 which has signal meter.

I've never tried using the D* meter to aim the 95W dish. Thats why I said use the FTA receiver. I've aimed enough KU Band dishes with those ;)

As for skewing the LNB since you dont list location other than Canada here is a general rule. Stand in front of the dish facing it. If you're in Ontario East the LNB gets skewed clockwise. If Manitoba West its counterclockwise

I am in Brampton, ON.
My understanding is first install the LNB in such a way that notch on lnb comes to center. Then rotate LNB by 22 degree clockwise (???). However, dishponter.com tells to turn clockwise (while standing behind the dish). Can you please confirm again.

Thanks,

It's been long that I have used Viewsat Ultra. Would appreciate your help in following Antena Setup values;

Satellite: Galaxy 3C
LNB Power: On
LNB Type:
LNB Freq:
22 Khz :
TP Freq:
DiSEqC 1.0 :
Motor: Off
Legacy SW: None

answers in BOLD

Satellite: Galaxy 3C
LNB Power: On
LNB Type: SINGLE or STANDARD
LNB Freq: 10750
22 Khz : OFF
TP Freq: 11780 H 20760
DiSEqC 1.0 : OFF
Motor: Off
Legacy SW: None

did you get it set up yet?

If you want to use the D* receiver, you first have to set it up for the right sat setup. I noticed yesterday while redoing mine I saw the option for 18" + 95 which gives you the aiming numbers and allows you to use the signal meter on the D* reciever

Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to use the Worlddirect dish for 101W and 95W?

I understand that it can be fun and challenging to do it the hard way, but you have to decide what is important: The journey or the destination.

If he already has the equipment (a 18" and a 33" dish) does it really matter if he uses that or the "world" dish?
I dont get the "fun and challenging to do it the hard way" part because you still have to peak the dish using the 95W side regardless.

If he already has the equipment (a 18" and a 33" dish) does it really matter if he uses that or the "world" dish?
I dont get the "fun and challenging to do it the hard way" part because you still have to peak the dish using the 95W side regardless.
I'm thinking in practical and aesthetic terms. The international dish can perform the function of the two dishes the OP is talking about and it doesn't require any technical calculations to set up.

Further, I'm told that DIRECTV will install the 24"x36" international dish for free if you subscribe to programming that requires it.

If there were a need for slots other than 95W and 101W, that would be a whole other can of worms.

Sorry Guys,

I was away for three days hence could not reply you. This morning I tried per instructions from Iceburg and it was all perfect. My 95W on 33" dish with single lnb is up and running. First I tried to catch 95W with FTA.

Thanks lot, Iceberg for solving my problem.

Now I am trying to set up Nimiq 1 (91) and Nimiq 2 (82). I am using 18" Dish with a bracket (see link below) and LNBs that I used for Dish Network (119/110).
Wouldn't it be easier just to use a Bell dish?

Have you confirmed that you're not seeing the 82W satellite through the eastern LNB? The trick is to cover the eastern LNB (the one that should be seeing 91W) with foil and see if you still see 82W.

If you can still see 82W after covering up the eastern LNB, your skew is probably off.

I have couple of 18" dish left...so I thought better to use that.

First, I am not so sure about how to install the bracket. I put two LNBs in both the slots marked with 110 & 119. Now which one should go into the arm of dish and which satellite I should try to horn with that one. The LNB with other slot will hang on the side and which satellite I should try to catch.

Regarding skewing of dish, I have no idea about how to do that. The calculator says I have to skew the dish roughly 95° for my area (Toronto).

Tx,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)