How To Split Signal From HDTV Off To Another Set????

drizler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
I just did an upgrade last month to a Dish 722K hooked up to a Samsung 6000 LED HD tv which is new as well. I have the second tuner set for out daughters room. Before with my old Sony projector I had a coaxial running into the master bedroom from a splitter to the #1 in the living room. That was fine at the time but I can't see how to get that same hookup back to the master bedroom and the Hitachi flat screen there. The Hitachi has all the usual multitude of inputs but the new one seems to only have HDMI / USB / PC. The distance between the televisions is probably under 30' considering routing. Given this what is the best way to restore the signal to the second tv, thanks....................

If you want HDTV to the Hitachi, you need an HDMI splitter and a 30' HDMI cable snaked from the HDMI splitter to the Hitachi.

With this setup bothe the Samsung and the Hitachi must watch the same thing at the same time.

If you want different programming in HD to the Hitachi, it will need its own HD receiver.

There is no way that Samsung does not have at least one Component input. Those LEDs are so thin they may not have the physical Component inputs on the back. What they have instead is an adapter, Component female to mini male.

He dosen't list component as an available input on the new TV just HDMI for standard connections in fact sounds more like a computer monitor.

Did not list it wasn't and where you get it sounds like a monitor I will never know.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I know what model he has. He says he has a Samsung 6000 series LED. You can find the specs for that model on Samsung's website and see all inputs and outputs it has.

There is no way that Samsung does not have at least one Component input. Those LEDs are so thin they may not have the physical Component inputs on the back. What they have instead is an adapter, Component female to mini male.

Thanks for the replies guys. Ok so now I know what that double set of mini component plugs is for. I can get a 30' set of components and snake those into the bedroom and that will do the deed. I don't mind the same programs only being able to be watched as it's what we had before and is fine. So that's why the back side has all those HDMI's lining it facing out the sides and nothing else? Learn something new every day. You're right this thing is just about as thick as my cell phone was 10 years ago and I do love this set,. I was watching a 1932 Clark Gable movie on it called "Dive Bomber" and even that looked HD to a point. Lot's of great scenes of the old USS Saratoga before they removed the 8 inch cruiser turrets during the war. Thanks for the help guys....................................:p

Remember, you will need to get the bulky 5 wire component cables, for video AND audio. That's why I suggested HDMI to TV2. Whatever you get, buy from Monoprice.

Another reason to use HDMI is that networks are starting to restrict HD over component now (as first done by HBO earlier this year).

Remember, you will need to get the bulky 5 wire component cables, for video AND audio. That's why I suggested HDMI to TV2. Whatever you get, buy from Monoprice.

I fished a 60 foot HDMI cable to my bedroom's LCD. Much easier to snake 1 cable than 5!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)