How to stop recording from starting?

elee532

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
How do I stop a recording from starting when the "2 minute warning" pops up on screen? I'm using a vip622.

Thanks.

When the 2 minute warning comes up press select or info.
You will then get some info about the timer and also the options to continue or cancel the timer.
(at least that's how it works on all the other model DVRs)

When the 2 minute warning comes up press select or info.
You will then get some info about the timer and also the options to continue or cancel the timer.

622 does do this also..... This is the fastest way but if you select OK (as in let the recording happen) the icon will be gone.

If you still want to skip the recording, press the gray "DVR" button three times to access your schedule of recordings. Select the recording in question and select "Skip."

Yes when it comes up hit select on your remote. Then you will have the option to cancel.

Go into timers real fast and either skip or delete it real fast. Hope you can beat the clock.

I wasn't fast enough. :(

I was watching a movie that had been paused for almost an hour. The "2 minute warning" came up and I couldn't figure out how to stop it quick enough. The channel changed, and I missed the last half of my movie. :eek:

Hopefully I'll have better luck with the info/select button next time this comes up.