How To Turn Off The Dish 522 Screensaver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lisaannenilsson

Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
IS THERE ANY WAY TO TURN THE DISH 522 SCREENSAVER OFF - ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT???

I DO RECORDING AT NIGHT AND ALWAYS GET THE BOUNCING LOGO IN THE MIDDLE OF IT AND HAVE TO START ALL OVER AND SOMETIMES MISS MY SHOWS I AM RECORDING EITHER TO REPLAY TV OR MY VCR.

ANY HELP IS REALLY APPRECIATED!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

LISA ANNE NILSSON
LISA@LISAANNENILSSON.COM

I thought the only time the screen saver comes on is when the tuner is turned off or after the automatic update sequence. Do your recordings also show the hard drive diagnostics and re-aquiring the satellite signal messages? If so then it's because you're trying to record during the automatic update at 3:00 AM (unless you changed the setting to something else).

just making fun,,,,,,but :eureka

a 40 inch baseball bat would do the trick :D

then call directv and get a REAL SATELLITE system

sorry i couldnt resist

LOVE YA

...................bob :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well how about a helpful answer.....

There is no way to disable the bouncing logo. But....

If you turn off your automatic updates(disable) and leave your 522 turned ON, you won't find that you have recorded 'x' hours of bouncing dish.

Of course, you will have to enable it a couple times a week, but this eliminates the reset/drive diagnostic/bouncing logo.

OR:

Set up a DVR event to AUTO TUNE. THen it will automatically turn on the unit at the proper time and tune the to the proper channel. Your replay/VCR will then record the proper event rather than a bouncing logo.

OR: Set your nightly updates to a time when no one is at home. MENU-8-5

You can set them up for any time you want. (When you are at work)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts