How to upgrade for international channels

Mike515

Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Arlington, TX
I currently have a Dish 1000 with the three LNBs that receive 110, 119, and 129. I want to add international channels from the 118.7 but don't want to put a second dish on the roof. Am I correct in thinking that upgrading to a Dish 1000+ is the way to go? I'm just trying to be sure what I need, because I have gotten two different answers from two different E* customer service reps. One of them insisted that I have to have two dishes.

You are correct, the 1000+ has a special lnb that captures both 118.75 and 119. Since you currently have a dish 1000, just replace it with a Dish 1000+ AND a DPP44 switch and You have the 4 satellites you need.

the confusion is because dish WAS migrating channels from 61.5 to 118.7,
now last i hear, some of those channels are going to stay on 61.5 till further notice.
with 61.5 you would need 2 dishes.
with 118.7 it's one dish.
keep in mid a 1000+ is a larger dish, and requires a different mast and struts for support.

It's not much larger. And, it fits on the same mast, if you want to reuse it.

However, if you buy one to install yourself, or have Dish do it, it'll come with a new mast and the collar/struts for added stability.

It's also a piece of cake to install and aim. But, you will also need a DPP44 switch, if you don't already have one. Expensive. So, you may want to push for a free antenna upgrade, if you are subscribing to Internationals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)