How to watch HBO Max

riderj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 21, 2007
Branson
I can't find a straightforward answer - How do you watch HMO Max with a Hopper 3 - I get all the HBO channels.

I have HBO channels 310 thru 315 in the guide. In my Hopper Plus, Joey 4s, & Firestick I have the MAX app that I login with my Dish credentials. It cost $16.00 in my Dish account.
I read that you no longer get programming in 4K if you sub via Dish, DirecTV, YTTV, etc.

The only way to get 4K is subscribing at the $20 level.

Do not know if true, I signed back up for the year at the 4K level directly with them.

Wished I did not, Warner/Discovery has really ****** up what was a great service when it was just HBOMAX.

Who ever thought airing content from Discovery’s Cable Channels, then calling it new content when it is added to MAX, does not know what made HBO great, definitely it is not episodes of Guy’s Grocery Games.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I read that you no longer get programming in 4K if you sub via Dish, DirecTV, YTTV, etc.

Do not know if true, I signed back up for the year at the 4K level directly with them.

Wished I did not, Warner/Discovery has really ****** up what was a great service when it was just HBOMAX.

Who ever thought airing content from Discovery’s Cable Channels, then calling it new content when it is added to MAX, does not know what made HBO great, definitely it is not episodes of Guy’s Grocery Games.
I am not sure about the 4K info. I got tired of all the 4K stuff. Whats 4K, what's not, etc, etc. We are happy just watching everything in 1080.

I have HBO channels 310 thru 315 in the guide. In my Hopper Plus, Joey 4s, & Firestick I have the MAX app that I login with my Dish credentials. It cost $16.00 in my Dish account.
Is the Max app installed on the Hopper. I tried to find that app to install and could not find where to get it.

To watch MAX content I bypass my H3 in favor of streaming via the MAX app on my smart TV so I can watch in 4k when available. From what I've read, existing subscribers will still be able to view in 4k without any monthly increase for an indefinite period, probably about 6 months. However, to be honest, I have a Samsung smart 75inch TV and can't really tell too much difference (if any) between HD and 4k.

To watch MAX content I bypass my H3 in favor of streaming via the MAX app on my smart TV so I can watch in 4k when available. From what I've read, existing subscribers will still be able to view in 4k without any monthly increase for an indefinite period, probably about 6 months. However, to be honest, I have a Samsung smart 75inch TV and can't really tell too much difference (if any) between HD and 4k.
That is supposed to end next month, but I have it has already ended for those that get it with a provider.

I honestly do not know if true, but have read it on Reddit and elsewhere.