How To Write A Map?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dan00

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
south ms
Iv done figured out how to get the nvram out of my reciever using usbbdm nt and want to learn more about the MM program. Can you tell me where to begin or how you go about writing a map, I have no idea and I have looked over the forums but I havent found anything in detail on how you actually start to write a map. Can you send me something or point me in the right direction? When channels change do you get your information from lyngsat.com or is there somewhere you can check for changes in satellites? I understand the MM program but I am lost when it comes to writing a map. I had a guy do mine but I would like to learn myself. I need detailed instructions on where you begin and how you write a map. Id really appreciate the help. thanks.

Hi Dan00,

Here are things that I started with:
1. Accessing the hidden menus
2. Understanding the diagnostic screens
3. ANSI/SCTE 57 2003
4. Documentation for the the DSR920/DRS922,DSR-4500x and other professional receivers
5. The combined maps dump from your nvram with the MM program. Open it with a text editor like notepad or notepadd++
Comments are at the top that explain the structure of the string for each channel per tile.
6. Trial and error
7. Asking questions
8. Keeping a known good NVRAM dump and Map to write back

Any channel that is FP or ZK is a good place to start. Use the diagnostic screens to find out where the information is listed by comparing it to the combined maps file.
Change to another FP or ZK channel and construct a channel string without using the combined map file. Compare your string to the one in the maps. Does it match or was something different?
If you can do this, it will help you be able to construct a channel string for new channels

Some of this information is listed on Lyngsat or Sathint and would provide a great starting point to test existing transponders for new channels.

I use a DSR-4500x to hunt for new channels. This same type of approach can be done with a DSR-922, but you'd have to construct channel strings to test with vs keying in a TP Frequency and letting the receiver discover the rest of the information.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts