How TO?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hans

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
Hi I hope someone could help me to get the right channel up date list and then lead me through the steps to install them on the sonicview 8000HD.
I downloaded the list that Iceberg refered to as the newest list, but I cannot install it. So if someone would be so kind as to help me I realy would appreciate it. Thank you for your help.

How To? Channel List

Hi
I feel like a fool about this question, because I did not get a channel list, I downloaded the channel master. But this is all part of learning .
So let me see if i can get instructions to get the real Channel bin file for the sonicview 8000HD. I have looked at all sort of files, most seem to indicate a no
True FTA files and fixes. I am not interested in those files, I just want to get true FTA satellites and enjoy. All of this is new to me including searching the net. How do I know what is a good file out there? If someone could help me that would be very good.The place I bought the receiver from told me to check this site because they were unable to help me.
Thank you

hans

Hans, did your receiver come with a satellite list installed in it? Don't know your receiver, but I've never used one of those lists somebody else made. I just scan each satellite and save the channels -most receivers create their own channel/satellite list (sats you set up and scan, and the channels assoc with each one). If your rec won't blind scan, I can understand your question though. Maybe somebody who has your same rec can copy their sat/channel list and email it.

sonicview8000HD CHANNELS

Hi Turbosat
Yes the receiver came with a list,no revized satellite names ,thats ok. I did a blind scan. I am not getting the channels that are listed on different sites for each individual satellite. For eg. on G16 there is the Shepherds Channel Network,( which I get on my old receiver) and World Harvest TV I do not get.
It just does not seem to pick up many channels. Tried G25 same deal only a few not what is listed. Any Ideas as to what might be needed.

I am on dial up so things take a little longer to search out. It has been a real learnig for me

Shepherds chapel is on analog C-band, I don't know if they have a digital version of that or not. What settings are you using for ku-band satellites, like G25 ku?? Didnt say what lnb you have, but for ku band satellites, you have to specify a "LO" or local oscillator freq for each satellite you scan, as in 10750 for the standard type ku lnbf, or 10600 for universal. For c-band sats, its 5150.(assuming you have a big dish to use also).
ALso I dl the manual for your rec, and it does claim to do blind scan, even though the ads I saw for it never mention it. Tell us what lnbf you have and maybe we can help you further, you should get around 200channels on G25 if your dish is aimed right.

Hi
Good to have some feed back,I appreciate your help. I have a 6 ft. wire mesh dish with a DMSI BSC621-2 LNBF and using a General Instrument 350i receiver to turn the dish.

Good deal Hans, that explains why you mention the c-band stuff. Hope you're learning about the 8000. Im sure there's a way to rename satellites, or add new ones. The GI analog box should let you add/delete sats also, I have a GI550 and a 650, both great analog receiver/positioners.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)