How to?

combsisthebest

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hello all, I apologize if this has been asked before but how to I get my DVR 625 recorder to record two programs at once? Is it capable of doing this? Right now, when I try to the receiver automatically wants to record it to TV 1 where the other show is being recorded. The receiver is in dual mode.

Select menu, prefrences, record plus. Enable and select tv2 and select done. when you set up a timer thru the guide it will default the recording to tv2, you can then set up another recording during the same time frame and it will record to tv1 location.

OR, just manually set up timers from each TV if you do not want one or the other to be the default recorder.

I might have to try that because I did what was said above, and today it didn't record one of the programs.

If you only watch the unit from a single channel, you can make it a lot simpler. I forget the exact setup option now, but I have both my 522s set up to output a single channel. This way I don't need to select TV1 or TV2, it will just record up to 2 things at once. :)

But then I have 2 boxes and only 2 main TVs, so I didn't need 4 different channels. :)

Brad

andrews777 said:
If you only watch the unit from a single channel, you can make it a lot simpler. I forget the exact setup option now, but I have both my 522s set up to output a single channel. This way I don't need to select TV1 or TV2, it will just record up to 2 things at once. :)

But then I have 2 boxes and only 2 main TVs, so I didn't need 4 different channels. :)

Brad

its sounds like your in single mode. which allows PIP and makes timers a tad more simple...allthough i have never had any problems with time conflicts.

ITK said:
Select menu, prefrences, record plus. Enable and select tv2 and select done. when you set up a timer thru the guide it will default the recording to tv2, you can then set up another recording during the same time frame and it will record to tv1 location.

Here's my questions:

I have my 625 set up like this. Now, if I record from TV1, it always records on TV2. What if I want to record on TV1 instead (for example, the event takes place during afternoon hours and I'm afraid my kid will be watching TV2)? How do I force the event to be recorded to TV1? Why can't I change the tuner through the event option menu?

If you are watching live TV and start recording, the box gives you the option to choose which tuner you want to use. I want that option when setting future events.

DGStan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts