How tough is it to be a fan of Lousy Teams?

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I posted this earlier but when the site went down earlier, it wasn't posted. I was thinking,look at the Pirates, Reds, Royals and Nationals. With the exception of the Nats, have the other 3 had a winning season in this decade? My point is if your a fan of any of these 4 teams, how do you root for a team like that, knowing that your season is over before it begins.

Same way you and I cheer for the Mets . . . we know what the outcome will most likely be, but we still have faith which gives us hope and a reason to cheer/watch ! :)

That's true but at least we've had winning seasons and/or made the playoffs. The Pirates haven't made the playoffs since 1992 and the Reds in 1995. They almost did in 99 but a certain New York team beat them in the Wild Card Playoff Game, ha, ha.

All I can say is HANG IN THERE! As a fan of the Angels and the NHL Ducks for years before they were good teams, I know it is difficult. I think it makes the fact that both teams are now considered Premier in their league all that much sweeter.

It can happen. ;)

Same way you and I cheer for the Mets . . . we know what the outcome will most likely be, but we still have faith which gives us hope and a reason to cheer/watch ! :)

Exactly. How can a fan of any team not know that, especially a Mets fan? :confused: Last I looked, the Reds' and Pirates' Series win/loss record was a lot higher than the NY Mets.

Dumb thread.

Exactly. How can a fan of any team not know that, especially a Mets fan? :confused: Last I looked, the Reds' and Pirates' Series win/loss record was a lot higher than the NY Mets.

Dumb thread.

What I was trying to say is that the Reds and Pirates have no shot and there seasons are over in May. I wasn't asking about World Series record because the Reds and Pirates have a better record than the Mets. The Mets have had some bad years but the Pirates haven't had a winning season in 16 yrs.
I mean if your a fan of the Pirates, how can you be one? I would think you'd be frustrated to the point where maybe you'd stop rooting for them. That's what I was asking.

What I was trying to say is that the Reds and Pirates have no shot and there seasons are over in May. I wasn't asking about World Series record because the Reds and Pirates have a better record than the Mets. The Mets have had some bad years but the Pirates haven't had a winning season in 16 yrs.
I mean if your a fan of the Pirates, how can you be one? I would think you'd be frustrated to the point where maybe you'd stop rooting for them. That's what I was asking.

Why would I stop rooting for my favorite baseball team, just because they have been on a losing skid?

That would make me a fair weather fan. It is tough over the past 16 years to watch them lose, but we have faith in our team.

The new management promises changes, oh well we heard that before. If it happens, that's great, if not, oh-well.

I guess have a professional baseball team that loses in town is better than not having one at all.

Maybe you should wounder why the Phillies came back and knocked your team out of the playoffs last year.:rolleyes:

Your points are well taken. What I was trying to say is that it must be frustrating being a fan of a team like the Pirates when you know your not making the playoffs even before the season starts. I don't know where the Phillies are in this thread. All I was saying it would be tough to root for a team going knowhere.

Your points are well taken. What I was trying to say is that it must be frustrating being a fan of a team like the Pirates when you know your not making the playoffs even before the season starts. I don't know where the Phillies are in this thread. All I was saying it would be tough to root for a team going knowhere.

Like I said, it must be tough to root for a team that comes so close, but ends up losing anyway.:rolleyes:

It must be like being a Jets fan.

To be honest, losing seasons and never playing in a Super Bowl is a way of life for a Lions fan. You never get too up because, well...you never win that often, and you never get too down...well, because you're a Lions fan. Conversely, sitting through lousy Dead Wings teams from the mid-70s to the mid-80s was torturous!

Well how about being a fan of the niners. It is real hard to go from a team that every year can be a superball team to one that you know will lose every game.

This year the niner fans wonder if this team will even win one game.

Then of course their is the SF GIANTS who you know will never win the big one. The SF GIANTS are crused---they should have never left NEW YOEK this team will not win a world series unless we can get some VOODO or WITCH DOCTOR to get rid of the curse

If your a fan of the team, You watch them to watch them play the sport, win or lose.

If you bandwagon jumper on the other hand....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)