How tp program 622 remote for Sony HT-DDW830 Reciever

freshwater

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
I have the problem how to program the 622 remote with SONY HT-DDW830 and I can not control the power/volume button from my DISH 622. I am soon changing to Panasonic plasma 50PH9UK and i need to figure this out.

I tried inputting all the codes from 622 book for Sony.

I even tried input mode and power mode

AV1 or AV2 cant figure out how that works.
Unable to change from AV1 to AV2 on Sony.:confused:

I had a similar problem programming my 622 to control my Sony "Dream" SS system. Once on the phone with E* tech support I requested and they gave me a code to try, different from anything in the book, but I never got around to doing that. Point is, you might want to try tech support - can't hurt...

I just talk to a sony tech and he told me the codes are provided by DISH not by them. so now I will try the DISH route

thanks.

Or just get a real universal remote. I use a Harmony 676, in fact I have two different locations using one. Great thing, if they don't have the code, the remote can learn it from the units remote. You can find these smart universal remotes from $50 to $1500 and more. I also use a remote extender, where the transmitter replaces one of the batteries in the universal or any remote.

Or just get a real universal remote. I use a Harmony 676, in fact I have two different locations using one. Great thing, if they don't have the code, the remote can learn it from the units remote. You can find these smart universal remotes from $50 to $1500 and more. I also use a remote extender, where the transmitter replaces one of the batteries in the universal or any remote.
I agree, I have with 622 and life is easier.

Call the DISH folks and they told me they have no knowledge if i can program other Recievers with their remote, I am not a bit surprise with this answer, their technical skills are at lowest scale of all techs I talked to.

Well finally I get hold of a sony tech who told me that my Reciever dont need the AV2 to AV1 change and it should except the 622 code.

So I tried again and this time I Finally got it.

1) Press and hold the desired (AUX)mode button (about three seconds) until all mode keys light up, then release.

2) Use the number pad buttons to enter 2 + the three-digit number (2+730). The light will blink off after each digit is entered and then return to a steady light. Press the POUND (#) button. If the code entered is valid for the remote, the mode light flashes three times.

3) Try powering off, it should power off the tuner.Power on again and try to adjust the volume. :hatsoff:

I know that some of the newer Sony systems use a new set of codes that most of the other remotes don't have codes for. I remember reading that there was a method of converting the Sony receiver & remote back to the earlier version codes. I found this on a website something like remotecontrols.com or something like that

Dish Networks LNB dying?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)