Howard Stern doing Live DISH Ads

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Only problem with the commercials is they don't connect with the service actually. They are funny though.

It's not a problem. They don't "connect with the service" by design, and that is one of the reasons the new commercials are superior to anything Dish have ever aired.

This is interesting considering Liberty Media's stake in Sirius.

These companies will take money from just about anybody. ABC's Nightline constantly does free commercials in the guise of feature journalism promoting just about every Nat Geo coming TV special or show, yet Nat Geo is owned primarily by Fox, hence Newscorp, yet Disney, owner of ABC, seems to have no stake in Nat Geo. In other words, Disney Corp is promoting a competitor's programming that may cost ABC and other Disney owned channels viewership, but not necessarily. Ironically, the Nat Geo pieces on Nightline are actually some of the best content on Nightline, and the producers probably feel such pieces (they may even have hard data) help keep Nightline's number UP. I feel most of Nightline is junk, but I know that I stay glued for the Nat Geo pieces that even have the Nightline host as part of the piece expedition.

There are countless examples of competitors paying each other to advertise or promote. The reality today is that the media conglomerates are so large owning so many companies that you do get this effect coupled with the fact that the mother ship allows the companies it owns down the line to run pretty much their own ship, so they know such situations will occur, but that won't stop Nat Geo from getting the FREE promotions on Disney's Nighline while ABC feels promoting their competitor enhances Nightline. So both come out ahead, as wacky as that sounds.

Remember in the old days, one could NEVER mention another TV network by name. They would always coyly say, "on another network." Those days died long ago and one media empire will promote another media empire's content making it clear on which network it appears and when and all the detail because it also serves the TV show that is promoting it. Too complicated.

Last edited:
Only problem with the commercials is they don't connect with the service actually. They are funny though.
You're putting too much expectation into the commercial viewer. Look at how popular Super Bowl commercials can be but often give you NO clue about the actual product.

Or, DirecTV's commercials, the "Get rid of cable..." ones, are great, IMO, but tell me nothing about D* service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts