Howard TV on Dish?

alexgmny

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
NYC
Any news or rumors about Dish carrying Howard TV (Howard Stern Show)?
I remember in one Charlie Chat, Charlie mentioned that they were working on it, but it was a while back.

The show is going to start showing the shows in HD soon.

I was always under the assumption that we would never see it as its a deal with IN Demand and Dish has their own pay-per-view. I wouldn't hold your breath...

If anyone from E* out there is listening - I'll certainly second the motion to get Howard TV on Dish. I've no idea what the IN Demand/Cable deals are, but I'd pick up the occasional PPV of a Stern show....

Cold Irons said:
If anyone from E* out there is listening - I'll certainly second the motion to get Howard TV on Dish. I've no idea what the IN Demand/Cable deals are, but I'd pick up the occasional PPV of a Stern show....
You dont pay for individual PPVs. Its a subscription channel. You pay $10/month (or whatever it is) for access to everything.

StevenD said:
You dont pay for individual PPVs. Its a subscription channel. You pay $10/month (or whatever it is) for access to everything.

Even better! Count me in, I'd pay $10/month for Howard TV.

Doubt it will happen, though (Howard TV coming to Dish, that is).

Access to Howard TV on Dish would be terrific.

Some of the guest interviews and comedy bits they do on the radio are hysterical. It'd be interesting to see if the visual would ruin or enhance the experience.

Howard TV would be great, I'd definately pay $10 a month for that. But Charlie would never let it on Dish, its a bit too controversial. I listen to him every day on Sirius radio.

Tim

hhkr said:
Howard TV would be great, I'd definately pay $10 a month for that. But Charlie would never let it on Dish, its a bit too controversial. I listen to him every day on Sirius radio.

Tim
um I guess you never perused the adult channel selection on e*?

From what I understand, Howard TV isn't a montly subscription but yet an on-demand program. You get charged for each show that you watch. That is why its on the In-Demand section on the cable systems.

Howars T.V. is a $9.99 monthly charge wich gives you access to everything on that channel, you do not pay for every show you watch it is a monthly subscription. I had comcast prior to going with dish and Howard T.V. was the one thing that I missed!

also if you go on howard sterns official website it tells you that it is not on satellite because satellite does not have the technology to do what cable is doing right now. As far as broadcasting the show in a on-demand sort of way.

maverick96 said:
Howars T.V. is a $9.99 monthly charge wich gives you access to everything on that channel, you do not pay for every show you watch it is a monthly subscription. I had comcast prior to going with dish and Howard T.V. was the one thing that I missed!

Thats interesting because on my friends Time Warner Cable, they get charged per viewing...hmmmm.... possibly different for each cable provider? Maybe he's mistaken.

some systems provide both, I guess he hasn't found out to call and order the monthly version

alexgmny said:
Any news or rumors about Dish carrying Howard TV (Howard Stern Show)?
I remember in one Charlie Chat, Charlie mentioned that they were working on it, but it was a while back.

You missed the following month's chat where the same question came up and Charlie said that they tried but it would be too expensive so they were taking a pass unless the price was lowered drastically. So that is that. No Stern on Dish. :)

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)